Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes on the up?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

Cleethorpes on the up?

This thread currently has 3,928 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
July 12, 2022, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

Everybody thinks where they live is better than the general opinion of it. Cleethorpes is generally nice, but most fans don't see it.

Grimsby is not easy to get to, has no parking, nearby food is ok but certainly not good. I know there are worse, but there are much better. And that road running down from the A180 is run down and sets the general opinion of what you see going only to a match.

I fail to see how Grimsby is regarded hard to get to, it’s literally the simplest place in the world, especially coming from the north/north west…

Northampton have always had an over inflated ego of themselves.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
July 12, 2022, 9:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pen penfras

Everybody thinks where they live is better than the general opinion of it. Cleethorpes is generally nice, but most fans don't see it.

Grimsby is not easy to get to, has no parking, nearby food is ok but certainly not good. I know there are worse, but there are much better. And that road running down from the A180 is run down and sets the general opinion of what you see going only to a match.

There is no parking apart from the hundreds of streets surrounding the stadium with very few restrictions.

Apart from all the car parks in Cleethorpes if that is where you are heading for a pre match drink.

Compare that to say Glanford park where you can be stuck in the club car park for an hour after the game.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Son of Cod
July 12, 2022, 10:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Went to a women's EURO's match on Friday night and ended up chatting to a Southend fan and his young son in the pub before the match. His son couldn't have been more than 10 or so and they told me that they went to our match at BP this season just gone purely because the son wanted to go to Grimsby away which was great to hear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
pen penfras
July 12, 2022, 11:08am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

I fail to see how Grimsby is regarded hard to get to, it’s literally the simplest place in the world, especially coming from the north/north west…

Northampton have always had an over inflated ego of themselves.

Yea, driving is easy. Train links are poor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
pen penfras
July 12, 2022, 11:11am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71

There is no parking apart from the hundreds of streets surrounding the stadium with very few restrictions.

Apart from all the car parks in Cleethorpes if that is where you are heading for a pre match drink.

Compare that to say Glanford park where you can be stuck in the club car park for an hour after the game.

Like I said, there are worse. But it's a long walk from the car parks and the streets are log jammed after matches. Easy enough for locals who know where is easy to get out from, but not away fans who want to leave straight after the whistle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
lee65
July 12, 2022, 11:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
I agree re the above, I drive from near Selby and of course know all the streets near BP to try, but as crowds improve the street parking gets harder, particularly for night games.

It must be very tricky for first time away fans particularly

Scunthorpe is of course awful for parking, even with very few going to watch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
The Yard Dog
July 12, 2022, 12:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from pen penfras

Like I said, there are worse. But it's a long walk from the car parks and the streets are log jammed after matches. Easy enough for locals who know where is easy to get out from, but not away fans who want to leave straight after the whistle.

Parking will be harder than ever this season, with the increased in season tickets, wonder if the any park and ride will be an option. What it will mean is that you will have to get to the ground a lot earlier, hopefully the club can cash in with increase sales of food, drink and merchandise,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
forza ivano
July 12, 2022, 12:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

presumably 1 of the reasons why JSF did his best to to discourage success and large crowds?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
aldi_01
July 12, 2022, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from forza ivano

presumably 1 of the reasons why JSF did his best to to discourage success and large crowds?

And a preferred site even less accessible…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
rancido
July 12, 2022, 2:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from pen penfras

Yea, driving is easy. Train links are poor.

That is so wrong. We have a direct link to Manchester , Sheffield and Doncaster. Manchester is easily accessible for the West Coast main line and Doncaster is on the East Coast mainline. It might be a bit of a tortuous route from the south west but a rail service, like all things, can't be "all things to all people".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes on the up?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.