6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Fette Schlange
July 10, 2022, 8:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Gold Stars: 51
I’ve often thought it but this comment especially Wayneburnettsjockstrap, you’re flipping nuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
aldi_01
July 10, 2022, 8:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GrimPol

I just don't get it, how do you know Young's money was minimal? Why do you say involvement was poo? Why are you "blaming" Young's for the the clubs woes.
Why are you knocking a great Grimsby company, just because you can afford a keyboard.?

I’m not, I acruslly think the sponsorship could’ve been a massive deal but as with anything related to the club on the last 17 years, it never became anything.

In the end the £200k they offered was significantly better for them and seems that neither party pushed for anything more and why would Youngs? If the club were happy to accept their offer Young’s weren’t gonna argue, negotiations have starts this year, the deal no longer works for the club so they’ve been relieved of their sponsorship.

Have they remained a club sponsor? Surely there’s still something in it for them?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 10, 2022, 9:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Fette Schlange

And that’s supposed to be a negative? Anyone with a sane mind would do likewise. I’d be more concerned if they’d gone all in, excrement or bust.

No it wasn't meant as a negative. Exactly the opposite as it happens. I was trying to say that any losses with GTFC, which is what JS stated, will be covered by their business income from elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
forza ivano
July 10, 2022, 10:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GrimPol

I just don't get it, how do you know Young's money was minimal? Why do you say involvement was poo? Why are you "blaming" Young's for the the clubs woes.
Why are you knocking a great Grimsby company, just because you can afford a keyboard.?

I was told that Youngs paid more or less the same in the last season as they did in the first, but that over the years they'd managed to get a much better corporate deal. The rumour was that JSF never bothered looking for a new or better deal; like everything else with the club (season ticket ledger etc) nothing changed ,just kept rolling over the same old arrangements

listening to Jason is just such a breath of fresh air - 'controlled positivity' would be my description
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
HarrogateMariner
July 11, 2022, 12:03am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Wow. Just wow. I still have to pinch myself to think he is the owner of this football club. 18 months ago this would have been a dream at best. Fantastic interview. We are so lucky to have Jason and Andrew as owners. Yes they are still learning and will make mistakes. But sometimes you just have to take a step back and look at everything that has changed in, let's be honest, a very short period of time. Just think what this club is going to be like in 5 years.

How anyone can be negative towards them is beyond me. Not sure what else, realistically they could have done so far, but the best thing for me is all the forward planning. To listen to that interview about various plans moving forward and ideas as a collective (as a club). This is no longer one man controlling everything- this is a club, a town together as one....and it's brilliant!! (and I don't even live in Grimsby anymore!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
toontown
July 11, 2022, 1:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah that is a very impressive interview, like others say it is just such a world away from the fenty self obsessed, selfish, what can I get out of my association with the club whilst minimising all costs mind set. What a transformation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
RonMariner
July 11, 2022, 8:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
If Carlsberg did football club owners…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
July 11, 2022, 10:59am
Guest User
Jason Stockwood is a real class act, both as a football club owner and as a human being. (imo)

Loved it when he said they weren't seeking investors who have nothing more to offer the club apart from the money.
Contrast that with our 'Alex May experience' ...  

We've come a hell of a long way in an incredibly short time.
I think posters whingeing about the replica shirt supply in the club shop only shows how far we've progressed.
Reply: 47 - 51
WelwynGardener
July 11, 2022, 1:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
Jason and Andrew are entrepreneurs and serial company investors and builders. That is the experience, together with their love of the town and club, that they bring to GTFC. I doubt whether you'll find many similar examples elsewhere in the league. It would not surprise me in the least if both had not already made an investment in myenergi as it's clearly 'their sort of company'. As 'front man' for the club, Jason is instantly likeable; affable, polite, coherent and willing to discuss whatever questions are posed to him. I'm sure he and Andrew will do their very best for this club and we should be very grateful for their wise and measured involvement in the business and its progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
toontown
July 15, 2022, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Interesting to see Jason stockwood being praised by kieran mcguire on his finance focused price of football podcast for this interview.

Wonder how many times fenty was singled out for praise by him during his near 20 year reign of bufoonery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Investors

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.