7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
July 9, 2022, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from pen penfras

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.

When they’ve gone round deliberately sabotaging an incredibly well meaning initiative to help the club because it doesn’t fit in with their agenda, then we can have a chat. Only a right bitter anus would do something like that wouldn’t they?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
MuddyWaters
July 9, 2022, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
Have I missed somebody ‘having a swipe at the club’?

Obviously. There’s a thread questioning morale.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
chaos33
July 9, 2022, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Right. Thanks. I thought that had been universally dismissed as cobblers. Like the so called ‘benefits of brexit’.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 10, 2022, 10:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,320
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from chaos33
Right. Thanks. I thought that had been universally dismissed as cobblers. Like the so called ‘benefits of brexit’.

Woah there! You appear to be overlooking blue passports, crowns on beer glasses and Hoovers being marginally more powerful.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
headingly_mariner
July 10, 2022, 1:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124

Woah there! You appear to be overlooking blue passports, crowns on beer glasses and Hoovers being marginally more powerful.

You can get pound of butter now too!!! It will cost you £9 though.

intercourse metric, intercourse common sense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
Limerick Mariner
July 10, 2022, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138

More suction on your Brexit Dyson I think, HQ now in Singapore...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
Rick12
July 11, 2022, 6:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fishboyUTM
  Even John Fenty had replied quickly and extensively to my emails. Although once I actually defended him on the fishy (and I am no fan of JF )after some idiots made false accusations against him. My thanks were a phone call from Nick Dale and an indefinite ban from BP until they actually read what I had put! A thank you was in order, not a ban from BP!

I can only go on how Fenty dealt with me as well . Iam sure he has his flaws like we all do but when I've spoken to him privately online came across as ok.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
toontown
July 11, 2022, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Rick12
I can only go on how Fenty dealt with me as well . Iam sure he has his flaws like we all do but when I've spoken to him privately online came across as ok.

Hmmmm.... I can go on how he treated the football club, fans, media etc and conclude that he wasn't OK, to put it very mildly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
Rick12
July 11, 2022, 7:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from toontown

Hmmmm.... I can go on how he treated the football club, fans, media etc and conclude that he wasn't OK, to put it very mildly.
To be honest with you toontown after reading some of the stuff later on John Fenty I was saddened and surprised  to read he could of gone through better channels to appoint Rob Scott and Paul Hurst amongst other things . Hope he learns and improves from past mistakes.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
aldi_01
July 11, 2022, 7:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12

I dealt with him in professional context in a previous role and on the whole he was ok, although he did make some extremely Partridge esque comments.

Sadly, my dealings with him regarding the club and private communication was very much the opposite.

I guess the question is, in the million years it seemed Fleming was CEO, what did he do/achieve that had genuine impact? In the year Cook has been CEO how does that stack up?

Hard to judge is the point I’m really making but as a collective, there’s accountability and a plan, a plan that is constantly reviewed and adapted to suit the changing needs of the club. That has to be a breath of fresh air…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.