3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc_chris
July 7, 2022, 1:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Has just signed for Scunthorpe. I liked him when here, not sure whether he would have fit what we're trying to do currently but I wouldn't have considered him an awful signing. A little surprised he's ended up down the road though. With the position Scunny seem to be in overall it doesn't strike me as a shrewd move for the player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
July 7, 2022, 1:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523
Hasn’t played a game since April last year. He’s damaged goods.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
moss_side_mariner
July 7, 2022, 1:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Another one doing the Grimsby/Lincoln/Scunny hat trick.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Kris2
July 7, 2022, 1:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
With his injury struggles I imagine his choices were limited so it's probably not a bad deal for him since they'll play him if fit. He needs a way back in after injuries and getting released.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
headingly_mariner
July 7, 2022, 2:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Was bang average when we had him. Did have a talent for well timed runs into the box though.

Was a serial sicknote when he was here, he's completely copulated now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
mariner91
July 7, 2022, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Didn't rate him really at all. Very limited and slow on the ball, nearly always needing an extra touch to get it under control and never seeming comfortable in possession. Got in to good goal scoring records but would be very disappointed if our midfielders this season weren't a significant upgrade on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
ginnywings
July 7, 2022, 2:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
He was more than a bit meh! for me.

Wasn't bothered when he left and was surprised FGR signed him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Nutsy
July 7, 2022, 2:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
The phrase 'flattering to deceive' springs to mind.

My Lincoln mates said he was the better of all the recent ex-Imps we have had (this was last year - not 22/23 Waterfall) - Green, Waterfall, Whitehouse, etc when we seemed to go through a phase of getting them.

When fit, he was a good, if unspectacular CM. I watched him, when (I may be wrong) had Glennon and I saw Whitehouse lose the ball about 7 times in 10 mins at home, while Glennon was constantly trying to win it and progress!

If he can stay injury-free, a good signing for Scunny.

I would like Scunny to stay in the National League, and not drop into obscurity, as Boston could do with a nice local win when they go up next season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Kris2
July 7, 2022, 2:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
He was good at Lincoln, it was a bit of a coup at the time because Lincoln had offered him a new deal after winning promotion and I remember people being happy about it. Then he ruptured his ACL in pre season and was out for a whole season, was never the same when he came back and seems like at FGR he's had more injury issues probably related to the bad injury he got in that pre season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
diehardmariner
July 7, 2022, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Purely on his ability and attributes, I think he's actually a very decent signing at that level.  Definitely above what Scunny seem to have at present.

However there's a huge issue with his fitness.  Is that his third serious long term injury?  Sure he had one at Lincoln, then one with us and then the one with FGR.

I liked him here when he got going in that second season.  Towards the end of the curtailed season under Holloway he looked to be nearing his best and was getting in and around the frontmen to good effect.  
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elliot Whitehouse

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.