1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
toontown
July 4, 2022, 8:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Just listening to the price of football podcast and it  looks like Derby have been saved, being bought for an incr3dible 60-65 million! That does include the stadium at 22 million but even so it values league 1 Derby with 5 players at 38 million.

Even though the podcast has deemed to think it likely they would be saved due to the number of interested parties I think it's fair to say they seemed pretty surprised at that price, which was far far more than Sunderland and Ipswich.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jamesgtfc
July 4, 2022, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from toontown
Just listening to the price of football podcast and it  looks like Derby have been saved, being bought for an incr3dible 60-65 million! That does include the stadium at 22 million but even so it values league 1 Derby with 5 players at 38 million.

Even though the podcast has deemed to think it likely they would be saved due to the number of interested parties I think it's fair to say they seemed pretty surprised at that price, which was far far more than Sunderland and Ipswich.

I will be listening to that later but picking up on them only having 5 players, that also means they haven't got people like Jack Rodwell at Sunderland rotting away in the reserves at £70k a week.

Centrally located with decent potential but they need to get out of League One first which isn't easy.

£60m is nuts though, imagine what you could achieve here if 1878 threw another £57m at it. I wonder what the new Derby owners will throw at it now as well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
HerveJosse
July 4, 2022, 11:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I will be listening to that later but picking up on them only having 5 players, that also means they haven't got people like Jack Rodwell at Sunderland rotting away in the reserves at £70k a week.

Centrally located with decent potential but they need to get out of League One first which isn't easy.

£60m is nuts though, imagine what you could achieve here if 1878 threw another £57m at it. I wonder what the new Derby owners will throw at it now as well.

£22m for a modern 30000 seat stadium is a snip with our fans willingness to travel perhaps we should have bought it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
AidansArmy99
July 4, 2022, 11:18am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -30
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Jack Rodwell plays in Australia now but still mad to be paying a player that much who doesn't play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
diehardmariner
July 4, 2022, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Not like Derby to be creative with valuations...
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
RonMariner
July 4, 2022, 12:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
The 22 million for the stadium would have gone to Machin, who allegedly pumped £200 million in. So he lost £178 million overall.

Of the balance of £38 million or so, the vast majority would have gone to paying off HMRC and the rest to the administrators and other creditors.

So now the new owners will have to put cash in to fund the club and buy players, though I imagine they will have tens of thousands of season ticket sales.

I hope they get promotion this year so that are out of the way when we are storming to the top of L1 in 2023.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.