Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women’s football
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 236 Guests

Women’s football

This thread currently has 21,677 views. Print
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
July 7, 2022, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t mind the Notts county shirt to be honest, seen much worse.

As for the womens game, it’s becoming increasingly popular and it’s great seeing plenty of folk getting involved. Naturally, the standard is still not brilliant but with further investment and interest that will no doubt improve. I think if people continue to compare it to the mens game it’s got no chance.

On a personal level, I’ve tried multiple times to watch it but I just can’t get on with it, much like tennis or golf, I just can’t get to grips with it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 249
Madeleymariner
July 7, 2022, 9:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
I watched England last night, I actually enjoyed it once I stopped comparing it. That owner of Myenergi can ping a decent 40 yard pass for a centre half, wish Waterfall was as accurate as often.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 249
Rick12
July 8, 2022, 7:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I think it's good that more girls are playing football eg healthier lifestyle but professionally I can't get into the women's game. It's traditionally been a male team game. I think it's linked to biologically women being built different and so sporting wise will never achieve the same results.

Funnily enough I like women's individual sports ( noone to blame but yourself if things go wrong)  eg tennis, athletics and boxing eg Katie Taylor the Irish womens boxer is a credit to her gender and sport. Think it's to do as well with fight or flight eg in parts of the world there's situations were women are more prone to physical violence and have to physically fight to protect themselves.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 249
male private Nale
July 8, 2022, 8:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -923
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Rick12
I think it's good that more girls are playing football eg healthier lifestyle but professionally I can't get into the women's game. It's traditionally been a male team game. I think it's linked to biologically women being built different and so sporting wise will never achieve the same results.

Funnily enough I like women's individual sports ( noone to blame but yourself if things go wrong)  eg tennis, athletics and boxing eg Katie Taylor the Irish womens boxer is a credit to her gender and sport. Think it's to do as well with fight or flight eg in parts of the world there's situations were women are more prone to physical violence and have to physically fight to protect themselves.

A few years ago the women’s World Cup winning side (USA) got beat 5-2 by some US club’s under 16 boys team. Just goes to show the massive gap between the sexes.

Women’s football is good for the girls but Jesus Christ it’s a turgid affair. However the main stream media have an agenda to elevate it to the same heights as the men’s game as you can see on SLY sports and BBC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 249
GollyGTFC
July 8, 2022, 8:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from promotion plaice

Notts County home shirt 2022/23, yeah it's not great is it.

[img]https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhURdeZHLgLbAlHpQor2fkwr6jpVvALvoFst8ifJT4jG1qVpUQQjqi8vR5JI4Xct2Iw0xqWXusLPBQIdPXDNgNlyuSVrR0qWDzre3NZiT6tcxU2xrgsZZfb2xFJqjY5xP1pcIDrEitMrzsj-43RYoxwKrIy6fdA2k0sBl2h75qSBUpLEfWQxYTWmGe6Gg/s1600/notts-county-22-23-home-away-kits-2.jpg[/img]

It's a tribute to their 1983/84 shirt but with black sleeves...

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxRiASmWsAUjr0y.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 249
Mayaman
July 8, 2022, 9:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Not sure about my morale but the club shop was poor.  Lack of quality and couldn't even get eye contact when talking to staff.   Clothing wise it's full of baby size garments or left over T-shirts designed for Giant Haystacks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 249
GollyGTFC
July 8, 2022, 9:03am

Whiskey Drinker
I've got tickets for the Final at Wembley during the pre-sale phase. Obviously I'm hoping England will be there. 3 adult tickets & 1 child ticket cost me a total of £52.50.

Women's football is a different sport isn't it? Not as quick. Not as physical. Not as much cheating. It's more honest, but I'm sure that is already starting to change and that change will accelerate.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 249
GollyGTFC
July 8, 2022, 9:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from male private Nale

A few years ago the women’s World Cup winning side (USA) got beat 5-2 by some US club’s under 16 boys team. Just goes to show the massive gap between the sexes.

Women’s football is good for the girls but Jesus Christ it’s a turgid affair. However the main stream media have an agenda to elevate it to the same heights as the men’s game as you can see on SLY sports and BBC

It's not a gap in technical ability or skill. It's a gap in height, weight, speed and strength. It's similar to Tennis in that the men's and women's game are quite different.

I was taller than my mum by the time I was 11. My son turned 13 just over a week ago and he's the same height as his mum and taller than both his grandmas.. Going through male puberty (testosterone) means men gives a huge physically advantage which is why the Trans Women in sport argument is so complex and will never be settled to the satisfaction of all.

It's hardly surprising an elite under 16s team could beat the worlds best Women's National Team is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 249
rancido
July 8, 2022, 9:34am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,660
Gold Stars: 102
Why do we have to compare women's and men's football in the first place? They are governed by the same rules but because of biological differences there will be differences. We don't appear to apply this to other sports where men and women are involved. Isn't tennis just as exciting for the two genders?. How about athletics and cycling ? We all revel in the success of British female athletes and cyclists at the Olympics and other worldwide sporting events so why apply different criteria to football? Just stop comparing the two genders and just enjoy the achievements of female athletes in whatever sport they participate in.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 249
male private Nale
July 8, 2022, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -923
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It's not a gap in technical ability or skill. It's a gap in height, weight, speed and strength. It's similar to Tennis in that the men's and women's game are quite different.

I was taller than my mum by the time I was 11. My son turned 13 just over a week ago and he's the same height as his mum and taller than both his grandmas.. Going through male puberty (testosterone) means men gives a huge physically advantage which is why the Trans Women in sport argument is so complex and will never be settled to the satisfaction of all.

It's hardly surprising an elite under 16s team could beat the worlds best Women's National Team is it?

So why pit themselves against boys unless they thought they could beat them? Or Did they just want to enforce the fact that they are so inferior physically?

I am well aware that sex does come into the technical ability of a player. I have watched dozens of women’s game up and down the east coast and many England games too. I have seen some very good technical players. Have I seen many good games .. not really, tactically inept , turgid and plenty of hoofball.

Don’t get me started on the blokes who put a bit of lippy on and then expect to smash the granny out of competitive women’s sport
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 249
25 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women’s football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.