6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 25, 2022, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
A club that we were part of, a club that belonged to all of us in anyway we want. A club that we can be proud of. Not a club that belonged to a moronic millionaire and we felt like a burden…even though we were all there before and after him…

We’ve got that now so we need to be forgiven for getting star excited…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
RonMariner
June 25, 2022, 9:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
The owners said that the aim is to improve in every transfer window. It’s early days yet because we have had so few new faces on board. I am hoping though that we see more signing in the next fortnight. Then we might be in a better position to judge.

Just like last season I think a playoff finish would constitute a very creditable achievement. I just hope that we are not in yet another relegation battle in this league!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
ska face
June 25, 2022, 10:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from 123614
Ok, so I will be putting money on Town to get promoted this season, BUT we must not get carried away just because we got promoted immediately out of the NL back to L2.  It's good to see all the optimism on this board but there are many other teams in this League that will be thinking the same as us.  Why do we think we will shoot straight through this League and into L1?  Yes, we have a nucleus of players  in the squad who got us promoted, but we only finished 6th in the NL, I think L2 will be a different kettle of fish!  Obviously a lot will depend on new signings that we get into the building to build what we hope will help us to make a promotion winning squad.  I am really looking forward to this season and hoping to see us in the promotion places at the end of the season

Don't bother red crossing me, I never look at my profile and couldn't care less if you do.  UTM  

Kinell, you not got any kids’ sandcastles to be knocking over? Never known such a joyless fun sponge in all my time on here. Think you’ve just confected an alternative reality to get mad at - where is anyone expecting to shoot straight through to League 1?

For someone not bothered about any red crosses you seem to mention it at every opportunity. Maybe you genuinely wouldn’t have to be bothered if you didn’t make it your business to neg everyone out.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
ginnywings
June 25, 2022, 10:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I don't see why we can't make top 7 but I won't be cutting up my season ticket if we don't. We will be top half I reckon, but that would be progress given that we haven't troubled that for a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
GtfcGarner
June 25, 2022, 11:00am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
As others have said. Top half finish would be acceptable for us let’s not run before we can walk. However why bother competing if you are not in it to win it? A lot of the culture of hard work and graft sometimes takes you to places where talent alone cannot. Feel we are in safe hands regardless and PH will bring in players who improve on last seasons squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
Poojah
June 25, 2022, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,885
Gold Stars: 1,527
Realistically we have been sub-standard every season in League Two since 2005/6, and even then we bottled a promotion that looked nailed-on for most of the season.

But I think we’ve got every reason to believe that next season could be different. We’ve got the biggest budget, even relative others, that we’ve had in that time. We’ve got the best set-up we’ve ever had in that time too, even if we still have some catching-up to do as a club. We have the best owners. And of course, we have the best manager - I think all would agree that the version of Paul Hurst today is superior to the one we had in 2016 (and I’m discounting Buckley mkIII as he was past his best between 2006 and 200.

Absolutely everything is on our side, and whilst acknowledging that League Two will be much tougher than the National League I think we’ve got every chance of having a really good crack at it. Hurst had us in the play-offs when he left 6 years ago, and with the club so much improved from top to bottom I see no reason he can not do that again, only over a full season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
forza ivano
June 25, 2022, 11:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
32 red crosses and

counting  

just to put things in perspective perhaps Golly or someone can tell me our highest finishing positions in the last 20 years?

for me, i will be happy to see things progressing and improving on and off the park, even if they are only small steps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
male private Nale
June 25, 2022, 11:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -923
Gold Stars: 136
Anyone backing Town must not do it preseason there is zero value there.

We will take time to settle and ours squad will still be added to for 5 weeks into the season then bedding in period.

I will be backing Town for a top half (Price not available at present) or top 7 finish (currently 11/4) late autumn where our price will definitely be more attractive.

I got Town 20/1 for promotion in January this season as oppose to 4/1 at start of season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
RonMariner
June 25, 2022, 11:52am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Poojah
Realistically we have been sub-standard every season in League Two since 2005/6, and even then we bottled a promotion that looked nailed-on for most of the season.

But I think we’ve got every reason to believe that next season could be different. We’ve got the biggest budget, even relative others, that we’ve had in that time. We’ve got the best set-up we’ve ever had in that time too, even if we still have some catching-up to do as a club. We have the best owners. And of course, we have the best manager - I think all would agree that the version of Paul Hurst today is superior to the one we had in 2016 (and I’m discounting Buckley mkIII as he was past his best between 2006 and 200.

Absolutely everything is on our side, and whilst acknowledging that League Two will be much tougher than the National League I think we’ve got every chance of having a really good crack at it. Hurst had us in the play-offs when he left 6 years ago, and with the club so much improved from top to bottom I see no reason he can not do that again, only over a full season.

Yes, and let’s not forget that Hurst built a team that got to the L1 playoffs at Shrewsbury in little over a year. So there is every chance he can get us to the playoffs, if not this season then probably next.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
GollyGTFC
June 25, 2022, 11:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from male private Nale
Anyone backing Town must not do it preseason there is zero value there.

We will take time to settle and ours squad will still be added to for 5 weeks into the season then bedding in period.

I will be backing Town for a top half or top 7 finish late autumn where our price will definitely be more attractive.

I got Town 20/1 for promotion in January this season as oppose to 4/1 at start of season.

Me and my dad had £20 on Town to win promotion at 20/1 too. And then I used two £5 bet credits to put bets on at 16/1 and 10/1 as the season progressed. We won £550. Our 3 STs cost a total of £584.25 so it nearly covered the whole lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We should tread carefully

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.