1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
June 16, 2022, 12:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,352
Gold Stars: 140
Based off his insta story, he’s returning home from his holidays today and seems to indicate that he won’t be having surgery as was once thought as he posts back to the grind, let’s get it ⚽️
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
mimma
June 16, 2022, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Dave Moore's magic hands does the trick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Poojah
June 16, 2022, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Someone suggested on here the other that the idea of McAtee needing an operation may just have been a rouse to keep the opposition guessing and perhaps to infer to our play-off opponents that he may not be quite ‘on it’.

I think there could be some truth in that. Other than perhaps slightly lacking in match fitness, he didn’t look like a man playing with a semi-serious shoulder injury.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Mikey_345
June 16, 2022, 2:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Poojah
Someone suggested on here the other that the idea of McAtee needing an operation may just have been a rouse to keep the opposition guessing and perhaps to infer to our play-off opponents that he may not be quite ‘on it’.

I think there could be some truth in that. Other than perhaps slightly lacking in match fitness, he didn’t look like a man playing with a semi-serious shoulder injury.

Paul Hurst doing Paul Hurst things...

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Maringer
June 16, 2022, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
The thing that surprised me most in the play-offs is that none of the opposition defenders tested him out with a bodycheck or a strong challenge at any point. Defending 101 when facing a player coming back from injury, surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Son of Cod
June 16, 2022, 5:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Maringer
The thing that surprised me most in the play-offs is that none of the opposition defenders tested him out with a bodycheck or a strong challenge at any point. Defending 101 when facing a player coming back from injury, surely?

I think the problem they face is that his change of direction is so quick that if they commit then they more often than not mistime their tackle and he's then away, which is a much bigger problem and more difficult to deal with than just jockeying him. I also think he gets bodychecked a fair bit in midfield areas but he wins most of them or at least goes toe to toe. He's a fairly tall lad and knows how to use what he's got. I don't necessarily remember him being smashed into by any giant CBs that much though, maybe that's another string to Taylor's blow in that he takes the brunt of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
pontoonlew
June 16, 2022, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
He appears to be playing 5 a side with his mates tonight, I’ll be stunned if he’s doing that when he needs an op
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Maringer
June 16, 2022, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Good news if it isn't required. Might have been a case where the doctor said he would probably need surgery in due course.

All the better if he's available for the start of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
aldi_01
June 16, 2022, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I see this as Shithouse level 10 from Hurst…I’m not sure there was ever likely to be an operation.

Now if I place my sensible head on I’m beginning to think the initial prognosis wasn’t as bad and Mcatee was able to recover and won’t be needing an operation and will be top man again next year…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Rodley Mariner
June 16, 2022, 10:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from pontoonlew
He appears to be playing 5 a side with his mates tonight, I’ll be stunned if he’s doing that when he needs an op

Living out loud.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Mcatee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.