Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contract talk…
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

Contract talk…

This thread currently has 7,427 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
June 15, 2022, 7:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
With all the news on who’s signing and who we are after ect ect..

Would like to see Paul rewarded with a new bumper contract with abit of length. Key in stability for us this year and clearly with the right owners he can be on to a good thing. He went for his try at Shrewsbury followed by Ipswich and didn’t go according to plan. He knows how things are here and with the backing of the board the sky is his limit. Get that man signed on the dotted line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
June 16, 2022, 7:30am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

18 month rolling contract wasn't it?

If so it probably works for both parties as it is I would have thought.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
toontown
June 16, 2022, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Think it was an initial 18 months then rolling 12 month contract after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Heswall Mariner
June 16, 2022, 10:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
I imagine a 12 month rolling contract means the employees earnings are guaranteed for 12 months from day one should he be fired.
I also assume that if he decides to leave on his own accord the employer is under no obligation to make any further payment?
Just asking . UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
jamesgtfc
June 16, 2022, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,043
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I imagine a 12 month rolling contract means the employees earnings are guaranteed for 12 months from day one should he be fired.
I also assume that if he decides to leave on his own accord the employer is under no obligation to make any further payment?
Just asking . UTM

If we want to get rid, we owe him 12 months salary and if anyone wants him, they owe us 12 months salary. If he resigns, there is probably a clause to say he can't go anywhere for 12 months unless someone pays us the compensation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
HarrogateMariner
June 16, 2022, 11:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Completely understand the OP point regarding Hurst's contract and why we would want to get him signed to a long term deal.

However, I think realistically there is only one club he would move to (more on this in a minute).

With the owners whole philosophy, he must have one of the most secure manager jobs in the country. The whole feel good factor around the club must feel so good to him personally, especially in contrast to his last spell. It must be a great place for him to be working. He can see a plan, progress, long-term stability. A great raport with the owners. This must be a very rare collection of positives for a manager to feel at the same time.

He has tried the 'big' job before and ultimately, he failed. Would he fancy another go when so secure here? Would another big club consider him given how it went with Ipswich, no matter how well he does now? I am not so sure.

I can't see him 'stepping up' to another Shrewsbury as chances are we would be equal with them soon anyway.

So what I am trying to say is I simply don't see him leaving. I think we can be very confident he is our long-term manager, both from a perspective that he won't leave, and won't get sacked.

But....there is one exception- Rotherham. I think he would find the opportunity to manage the club he spent his entire playing career at very difficult to turn down. With us back in the league, the jump he would have to make to move to them is not as big as before. Being such a yo-yo club, there is a good chance they will get relegated again this season. Rotherham have been loyal and stuck by another club legend in Warne. However could he survive another relegation? A chance for Hurst to take Rotherham back up from league one may be too big for him to turn down.

So as well as obviously supporting town this season....I think we should all be quietly supporting Rotherham as well!! Warne keeps them up and you would think he stays!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
DB
June 17, 2022, 5:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
Completely understand the OP point regarding Hurst's contract and why we would want to get him signed to a long term deal.

However, I think realistically there is only one club he would move to (more on this in a minute).

With the owners whole philosophy, he must have one of the most secure manager jobs in the country. The whole feel good factor around the club must feel so good to him personally, especially in contrast to his last spell. It must be a great place for him to be working. He can see a plan, progress, long-term stability. A great raport with the owners. This must be a very rare collection of positives for a manager to feel at the same time.

He has tried the 'big' job before and ultimately, he failed. Would he fancy another go when so secure here? Would another big club consider him given how it went with Ipswich, no matter how well he does now? I am not so sure.

I can't see him 'stepping up' to another Shrewsbury as chances are we would be equal with them soon anyway.

So what I am trying to say is I simply don't see him leaving. I think we can be very confident he is our long-term manager, both from a perspective that he won't leave, and won't get sacked.

But....there is one exception- Rotherham. I think he would find the opportunity to manage the club he spent his entire playing career at very difficult to turn down. With us back in the league, the jump he would have to make to move to them is not as big as before. Being such a yo-yo club, there is a good chance they will get relegated again this season. Rotherham have been loyal and stuck by another club legend in Warne. However could he survive another relegation? A chance for Hurst to take Rotherham back up from league one may be too big for him to turn down.

So as well as obviously supporting town this season....I think we should all be quietly supporting Rotherham as well!! Warne keeps them up and you would think he stays!

I agree with all you've said. However, I don't think he will leave. The club he has come back to is no longer the club he left, as this all changed in May 2021 with 1878. A phoenix has risen and he will feel part of it, the club is on the move and when this happens everyone wants and enjoys the success.

I'm sure he has the respect of the owners and he respects them for their commitment and positivity. Within his budget, he is left to bring in and fire who he wants with no interference from anybody, a dream job description for any football manager.

I cannot see Hurst moving as the future looks rosy here with the prospect of the new training ground as well, not forgetting Town's 12th Man who always gives town the best support, anywhere.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
male private Johnson
June 18, 2022, 10:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +170
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from HarrogateMariner

You could be right with this, but I don’t think Rotherham were the team he supported growing up. Although he was there for a long time, hopefully he’s making new connections and memories here and developing new loyalties.

This might play a part in any decisions he needs to make over his future should any higher placed club offer him a job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
ex-merseymariner
June 18, 2022, 11:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Hang on, a good post but the moderators need to be careful about this strange tactic of suggesting we support Rotherham (and Sheffield Wednesday via the other point) in one thread. 😀

Utm

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
ginnywings
June 18, 2022, 11:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
A manager that a good proportion of Town fans wanted removed mere months ago.

The fickle nature of the footy fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
Mariner_09
June 18, 2022, 12:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from ginnywings

When we inevitably go on a dodgy run at some stage this season, or lose at home to someone rubbish, they’ll be calls for him to go. “still fundamental conservative”, “boring substitutions”, “taken us as far as he can”, “gone sour, run its course”. A sad reality of football

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
GrimExile
June 18, 2022, 12:38pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes my thoughts entirely. I think at our level we’ve got as good as you can get. There will be ups and inevitable downs but Paul Hurst is a proven manager. I accept that Ipswich and Scunthorpe were a disaster but from what I understand both were poisoned chalices and maybe his big mistake was taking the jobs on in the first place. I also accept that he’s not a quick fix merchant either but we surely don’t want that. We need a manager who plans long term and is backed by owners who buy into that and therefore back him long term. Well we’ve got that and I for one couldn’t be more happy about that if I tried. #UTMM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
toontown
June 18, 2022, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GrimExile

Yes my thoughts entirely. I think at our level we’ve got as good as you can get. There will be ups and inevitable downs but Paul Hurst is a proven manager. I accept that Ipswich and Scunthorpe were a disaster but from what I understand both were poisoned chalices and maybe his big mistake was taking the jobs on in the first place. I also accept that he’s not a quick fix merchant either but we surely don’t want that. We need a manager who plans long term and is backed by owners who buy into that and therefore back him long term. Well we’ve got that and I for one couldn’t be more happy about that if I tried. #UTMM

I don't think scunny was a disaster when you bear in mind what has happened to them since he left - they were a basket case
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Mariner_09
June 18, 2022, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

Think Ipswich came too early in his career and was a bit of a basket case of a club to go to. Poor judgement on his part to go there. He was getting his act together at Scunny until he fell out with Swann over transfer budgets, and Swann was never going to allow Hursty to win that particular spat. Don’t think Scunny would be where they are now if they’d kept him. Agree with overriding sentiment though, we aren’t going to find better in lower league football. He’ll be one of the best managers in L2.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
1mickylyons
June 18, 2022, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Hands up I called for his head during that awful run following a relegation under the same Manager. However glad he proved me wrong and in support of PH I have committed to a season ticket for the first time since he last took us up and left.
I recall when he left we were on the cusp of the play offs and I have every confidence this time round Hurst marches us straight through to Lesgue 1. The calmness he exuded through the play offs was extraordinary and with the possible exception of Ardley was the only one to show good grace. This time around Hurst doesn’t need to look elsewhere he has the backing of a good board and the record season ticket sales suggest the fans also .Hurst OUT not a chance the little fellas earned his stripes and in 40 years of supporting Town only Buckley stands above him .UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
GrimExile
June 18, 2022, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from toontown

I don't think scunny was a disaster when you bear in mind what has happened to them since he left - they were a basket case

Yes you do have a good point there, I hadn’t thought of that!! I amend my post to read just Ipswich was a poisoned chalice and therefore a disaster!! 😁😁. UTMM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
GrimExile
June 18, 2022, 1:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Hands up I called for his head during that awful run following a relegation under the same Manager. However glad he proved me wrong and in support of PH I have committed to a season ticket for the first time since he last took us up and left.
I recall when he left we were on the cusp of the play offs and I have every confidence this time round Hurst marches us straight through to Lesgue 1. The calmness he exuded through the play offs was extraordinary and with the possible exception of Ardley was the only one to show good grace. This time around Hurst doesn’t need to look elsewhere he has the backing of a good board and the record season ticket sales suggest the fans also .Hurst OUT not a chance the little fellas earned his stripes and in 40 years of supporting Town only Buckley stands above him .UTM

Great post. 👏👏👏

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
forza ivano
June 18, 2022, 1:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Mariner_09

Think Ipswich came too early in his career and was a bit of a basket case of a club to go to. Poor judgement on his part to go there. He was getting his act together at Scunny until he fell out with Swann over transfer budgets, and Swann was never going to allow Hursty to win that particular spat. Don’t think Scunny would be where they are now if they’d kept him. Agree with overriding sentiment though, we aren’t going to find better in lower league football. He’ll be one of the best managers in L2.

I don't call a 3 year contract at a club as big as Ipswich 'poor judgement', i'd call it a 'financial game changer'. Would'v ethe biggest salary he's ever earnt, so got 3 years pay for 6 months work, then got a 2 year contract at the Scunts and only did 6 months there as well! Those 2 jobs, plus the money he earned at Shrews will more or less have set him up for life.
I'm convinced that financial stability, plus his ever growing experience and confidence in himself is why we've seen such a changed Paul Hurst in this last year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
1mickylyons
June 18, 2022, 2:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from forza ivano

I don't call a 3 year contract at a club as big as Ipswich 'poor judgement', i'd call it a 'financial game changer'. Would'v ethe biggest salary he's ever earnt, so got 3 years pay for 6 months work, then got a 2 year contract at the Scunts and only did 6 months there as well! Those 2 jobs, plus the money he earned at Shrews will more or less have set him up for life.
I'm convinced that financial stability, plus his ever growing experience and confidence in himself is why we've seen such a changed Paul Hurst in this last year

I tend to agree with much of this but I’d also add PH must realise the backing from 1878 is fairly exceptional in modern football . When you couple that support with record season ticket sales he is probably in his strongest position since becoming a manager .I am convinced he will secure back to back promotions here and then let’s see where he can take us. The only way is UP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
buckstown
June 18, 2022, 2:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
All this talk of consecutive promotions has got me all of a quiver!
My aspiration this season is to be well clear of the drop zone by October, then have a look how far we’re away from the play offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 18, 2022, 2:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from buckstown
All this talk of consecutive promotions has got me all of a quiver!
My aspiration this season is to be well clear of the drop zone by October, then have a look how far we’re away from the play offs

If we are well clear of the drop zone we’ll be in the playoff hunt. Some seasons 1.5ppg is enough for 7th spot in L2.

The good thing about this division is that you have to be proper dogshït to get relegated and can still be pretty average and be in the mix for a playoff place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Mariner_09
June 18, 2022, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker

If we are well clear of the drop zone we’ll be in the playoff hunt. Some seasons 1.5ppg is enough for 7th spot in L2.

The good thing about this division is that you have to be proper dogshït to get relegated and can still be pretty average and be in the mix for a playoff place.

We were pretty average in 2016-17 (other than Omar) and were in and around the playoffs until he left. 1-2 players who are a bit better than everyone else at this level will make all the difference. I know it’s early days but we seem to be making much better progress with signings/re-signings than we did last time we got promoted. Last time, after we’d fallen out with everyone who wasn’t going to re-sign and worked our way down to 14th and 15th on Hursty’s priority list, we were already fighting an uphill battle. Certainly think we have the capability to get in and around the top 7.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
Heisenberg
June 18, 2022, 3:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,114
Gold Stars: 97
There’s nothing wrong with ambition, but this talk of back-to-back promotions is very brave! Possibly foolhardy. I look forward to people quoting me in a years time pointing out that I was wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
DB
June 18, 2022, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg
There’s nothing wrong with ambition, but this talk of back-to-back promotions is very brave! Possibly foolhardy. I look forward to people quoting me in a years time pointing out that I was wrong!

At beginning of last season, my message was "Going Up". On the night of the 5th June 2022 my message was "Going Up to League 1"

I'm not particularly brave or foolhardy but I know a good thing when I see one, however, I am optimistic and enthusiastic. The club is fully motivated as are the fans, so let's cut out the negatives. It's not going to be a smooth ride but league 1 here we come.

Edit.
Just this from Luke Waterfall  

"It's a club that's going forward quickly with the new owners and obviously the manager [Paul Hurst], Chris Doig and the rest of the staff."

Says it all.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
chaos33
June 18, 2022, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
We need to think pragmatically. If we can consolidate, that would be great. This is a level up. There are some clubs with lots of money.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
MuddyWaters
June 18, 2022, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
We need to think pragmatically. If we can consolidate, that would be great. This is a level up. There are some clubs with lots of money.

Ambition is great but needs to be tempered with reality. As with last season, a top half finish would be decent, a play off spot would be great (and we know what can happen from there) and another promotion would be amazing.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
ginnywings
June 18, 2022, 6:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

As there was last season, but we bested them all, Stockport apart, and then they didn't beat us in 2 games against us.

3 promotion spots to aim for and another 4 play off spots without the weighted advantage of finishing higher up being beneficial, as in non league. Not that it made a difference to us in the end.

It's easier to get promoted from League 2 than it is the National League. If we recruit some better players than last season to fill the gaps, then why not?

I'm optimistic, but not going to go into meltdown if we do have a season of consolidation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
DB
June 18, 2022, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ambition is great but needs to be tempered with reality. As with last season, a top half finish would be decent, a play off spot would be great (and we know what can happen from there) and another promotion would be amazing.

I'm looking for amazing. Going up, AGAIN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
June 18, 2022, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,782
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33

I think that would have been a good thing for Solihull to say, had they beaten us.

However, with circa 5000 season tickets sold it is obvious we will add a lot of quality to an already good squad (assuming most re-sign) and another promotion is very much what we should be aiming for.

We will go into this season member a hoop and with a confidence not seen in two decades; if things go against us and we HAVE to consolidate then fair enough but I would not be surprised in the slightest if we get back-to-back promotions.

We too have the money to make it happen on the field. 5000 season ticket sales will be the envy of most league 2 clubs and basically, full houses for the season will surprise many.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
forza ivano
June 18, 2022, 7:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from DB

At beginning of last season, my message was "Going Up". On the night of the 5th June 2022 my message was "Going Up to League 1"

I'm not particularly brave or foolhardy but I know a good thing when I see one, however, I am optimistic and enthusiastic. The club is fully motivated as are the fans, so let's cut out the negatives. It's not going to be a smooth ride but league 1 here we come.

Edit.

"It's a club that's going forward quickly with the new owners and obviously the manager [Paul Hurst], Chris Doig and the rest of the staff."

Says it all.

every player says that once they've signed a 2 year deal,in their 30's. sorry to be cynical , but its the truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
DB
June 18, 2022, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

every player says that once they've signed a 2 year deal,in their 30's. sorry to be cynical , but its the truth

Under other circumstances, I would agree, but 3,600 season ticket sales tell a different story.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
June 18, 2022, 9:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from DB

Edit.

Says it all.

You do realise that is a club statement and not a direct quote from Waterfall?

I don’t doubt Waterfall likes the fans, loves working with Hurst and clearly has a great relationship with his teammates. I like Waterfall too and am glad he’s signed up for another two years. But that comment is just club PR.

Every club and player do the same thing. Watch 99% of interviews in football and it’s just banal, pre-scripted, media trained drivel. The beautiful exceptions are the rare occasions players like Mani go full ‘street language’ live on BT Sport and do show that footballers can still be giddy, joyous humans.

As much as I enjoy your boundless optimism, hopefully you won’t be calling for Hurst’s head again should he not take us straight up into L1 or has another sticky patch (so I’m not convinced you do know a good thing when [you] see one). He will get us there at some point but it might take a season or five. And that’s perfectly fine by me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
mariner91
June 18, 2022, 11:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,770
Gold Stars: 262

I think that would have been a good thing for Solihull to say, had they beaten us.

However, with circa 5000 season tickets sold it is obvious we will add a lot of quality to an already good squad (assuming most re-sign) and another promotion is very much what we should be aiming for.

We will go into this season member a hoop and with a confidence not seen in two decades; if things go against us and we HAVE to consolidate then fair enough but I would not be surprised in the slightest if we get back-to-back promotions.

We too have the money to make it happen on the field. 5000 season ticket sales will be the envy of most league 2 clubs and basically, full houses for the season will surprise many.

Member a hoop is a particularly good use of the swear filter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
DB
June 19, 2022, 5:42am
Barley Wine Drinker

You do realise that is a club statement and not a direct quote from Waterfall?

I don’t doubt Waterfall likes the fans, loves working with Hurst and clearly has a great relationship with his teammates. I like Waterfall too and am glad he’s signed up for another two years. But that comment is just club PR.

Every club and player do the same thing. Watch 99% of interviews in football and it’s just banal, pre-scripted, media trained drivel. The beautiful exceptions are the rare occasions players like Mani go full ‘street language’ live on BT Sport and do show that footballers can still be giddy, joyous humans.

As much as I enjoy your boundless optimism, hopefully you won’t be calling for Hurst’s head again should he not take us straight up into L1 or has another sticky patch (so I’m not convinced you do know a good thing when [you] see one). He will get us there at some point but it might take a season or five. And that’s perfectly fine by me.

I have already said in two previous posts that I was wrong. So for your benefit, as you obviously haven't read them, sorry I was wrong. You may also recall that in our relegation season I was one of the few who continually backed Hurst when many wanted him removed.

So, for future reference, Hurst will have my undoubted backing.

The statement is credited to Waterfall as per the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61842034

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
June 19, 2022, 8:00am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from DB

The statement is credited to Waterfall as per the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61842034

I know that.

If people didn’t believe everything they read the country (and the world) wouldn’t be in such a mess.

Can you really imagine Waterfall saying or writing those words? There’s a slight chance a club suit might have flanneled, ‘We’re releasing this statement, Luke. Have a good holiday’.

I’m not suggesting Waterfall or the club have done anything wrong. It’s just PR.

Waterfall’s hardly going to come out and say, ‘I’m 32 next month, I wanted the security of a two year deal, the extra money will help with overpaying the mortgage and I couldn’t be aršed moving again. Love Hursty, Doigy and the lads. Like 95% of the fans, don’t know why the 5% of them wanted me to be thrown out of the club after the Maidenhead brain fade but fûck ‘em. Football hey!’  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
June 19, 2022, 8:14am
Guest User

I know that.

If people didn’t believe everything they read the country (and the world) wouldn’t be in such a mess.

Can you really imagine Waterfall saying or writing those words? There’s a slight chance a club suit might have flanneled, ‘We’re releasing this statement, Luke. Have a good holiday’.

I’m not suggesting Waterfall or the club have done anything wrong. It’s just PR.

Waterfall’s hardly going to come out and say, ‘I’m 32 next month, I wanted the security of a two year deal, the extra money will help with overpaying the mortgage and I couldn’t be aršed moving again. Love Hursty, Doigy and the lads. Like 95% of the fans, don’t know why the 5% of them wanted me to be thrown out of the club after the Maidenhead brain fade but fûck ‘em. Football hey!’  

So I am assuming you have a 100% creditable source for your statement, otherwise it's a load of bollox.

Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contract talk…

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.