Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Your season ticket status
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider, Googlebot and 236 Guests

What’s your position on 22/23 season tickets?
Existing ST holder, already renewed (52 votes)
27.81%
Existing ST holder, not yet renewed but will do (42 votes)
22.46%
Existing ST holder, not renewing (2 votes)
1.07%
New ST holder, already purchased (25 votes)
13.37%
New ST holder, not yet purchased (19 votes)
10.16%
Don’t have and won’t be getting a season ticket (47 votes)
25.13%
187 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Your season ticket status

This thread currently has 3,099 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Tinymariner
June 14, 2022, 5:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Had a ST since I was posted to RAF Coningsby in 2007, Renewed it once again and also bought my daughter her first ST too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Offshore Mariner
June 14, 2022, 5:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +34
1878 membership for me, my work rota just does not justify me buying a season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
lukeo
June 14, 2022, 6:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I will add I'll renew my mariners Trust as soon as I'm paid (run out this month) and hopefully in time I'll join 1878 also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
immariner
June 14, 2022, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Interesting so far that only 2 of 66 (3%) existing season ticket holders are not planning to renew. Obviously it's probably the more vervent supporters that frequent forums but even if you put that out to 7% of all season ticket holders, that's roughly 3100-3200 renewing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
mariner91
June 14, 2022, 7:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
I've been umming and ahhing about what to do. I still play football myself (badly) on Saturdays so am limited to what games I can attend at weekends although will be able to make all of the midweek games. However, I'm starting to think even if I only make 10 games in a season, at least I'm guaranteed a seat for the big games. If the club came out and said they were doing a buy back of season tickets for when you can't attend, even if just for a fiver or something, then I would 100% do it. As it is, I'm waiting until payday to decide.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
lukeo
June 14, 2022, 8:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
They should do a buy back scheme and IF they resell your ticket you get a % back off your next season ticket.
Say for example 50% and for arguments sake that equates to £10. If you do that 5 times, the club gains a further £50 from the tickets and you get £50 extra off the next season ticket you purchase. Win win for everyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
grimps
June 14, 2022, 8:15pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 46
I think the buy back would be too difficult for the club to administer, you’re probably better off selling or if you don’t need the money giving your spare ticket away to a mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
HackneyHaddock
June 14, 2022, 10:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Haven't had a ST for 20 years since moving away, and can't get back enough to make it worth having one, but will renew Club1878 membership and plan visits home in advance to make sure I can get a ticket!  I expect to be going to more home games this season, even if it takes a bit more planning.  Will mean some great long weekends back up in GY with family and taking the children to the beach.  Not a bad way to spend a few days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Nelly GTFC
June 14, 2022, 10:49pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,763
Gold Stars: 31
Not had a season ticket or attended any matches since 2019 season when Jolley left, before that never missed a home game for 7 years, I must have been barmy to have missed even one game last season.

I've been umming and ahhing about what to do. I'm looking at moving away at some point this year for better job prospects, I could probally commute by train to every Saturday home game, as I'll only be in either Manchester or Leeds, decisions, decisions.  I know if I get a season ticket, I'll end up getting one every year again anyway, although I did have a really good seat in the lower before, right near half way line.

If Main/Lower/Upper end up full and they put temporary seating in Harrison corner, or Imperial corner I maybe interested in a season ticket, as I used to stand there as a kid with my dad.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Running like emson
June 15, 2022, 8:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
We sit in the unpopular block A of the main stand - though we go to most games it’s a long time since we bought season tickets. Reasoned that we could always get seats, struggle to make all games and don’t want to have a seat which might be unused by anyone (we live over an hour away and so can’t lend tickets easily) . Well, badger me backwards, our crappy seats had gone when I looked this morning - whoever you are you’ll have to twist to see either goal you devils- and so I stopped procrastinating and reserved a couple of equally inadequate (I’m sentimental) seats for the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Your season ticket status

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.