jamesgtfc
June 14, 2022, 11:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC

And he binned off his assistant and didn’t appoint a replacement. Classic actions of someone who’s had a breakdown and is paranoid about people close to him. Then he tried to demote Sam Russell dressing it up as doing him a favour.

Did he demote Sam Russell? He gave him a 3 year contract at the ripe old age of 36 which was just bizarre. I seem to recall Hurst coming in and saying Sam saw himself as a keeper but he saw him as a coach and nothing more. I do think Sam playing ahead of McKeown had a huge impact on McKeown. It can't have been easy having the guy paid to coach you trying and succeeding to replace you on the teamsheet.

I think many of us bemoaned him giving Waterfall an extension at the time but that turned out to be a master stroke!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
ex-merseymariner
June 15, 2022, 7:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from RichMariner
The biggest issue for me regarding Ian Holloway was how he was allowed to operate without question.

If he made a bizarre decision, people (initially) trusted him because, after all, it's Ian Holloway, and he'd managed in the Prem. He must know what he's doing.

He was very snippy with Radio Humberside when they began to question some of his decisions. Like a politician who gets very comfortable in power, he thought he was above that kind of interrogation.

Agree with these points.  Remember when he made a big thing to the press of knowing how versatile Hewitt was because he was such an expert. The same Hewitt who we'd already played in multiple positions... seemed needy/odd/unnecessary.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
Hagrid
June 15, 2022, 8:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
He was a lying conman disaster and i despise the guy

I also never got this thing that we’d have done well with him

We were dire at Plymouth, home to Northampton, even away at Scunny the game was shite

I never took to the man, and thank god he walked away or i doubt we’d have a football club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony Glennon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.