3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
June 9, 2022, 3:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
I would undoubtedly have him back, but I can see the Lincoln rumour  being true. I saw him in a shop the other day but didn’t ask him what his plans were as I thought he was under contract at Bradford. I’m not sure he’d leave there for us, as despite him being ‘local’, I think he more leans towards our ferrous friends, despite his jubilant celebration in front of them when he scored at Glumford Park!

I bet he’s on a fair wedge too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
RonMariner
June 9, 2022, 3:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Well I can’t hold it against him leaving us last time. BP was a toxic badly run, farce at the time. Dominated by a cheapscate mind set where false economies were the order of the day.

Success in those circumstances was impossible. We are a very different proposition now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
sonofmadeleymariner
June 9, 2022, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Would have Vernam back in a hearty beat, he could play wide in the Sousa or JMD role and also come inside and play the McAtee role if he was ever injuryed or banned.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
tanga_the_indestructible
June 9, 2022, 5:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
I play football with a Bradford fan and I asked him about Vernam today and he said that he has been offered a new contract, but hasn't yet decided. So he hasn't re-signed, but equally he hasn't left yet, either. I get the impression he's very popular with Bantams fans too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
livosnose
June 9, 2022, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,185
Gold Stars: 16
I play football with a Bradford fan and I asked him about Vernam today and he said that he has been offered a new contract, but hasn't yet decided. So he hasn't re-signed, but equally he hasn't left yet, either. I get the impression he's very popular with Bantams fans too.

my Bradford supporting mates really rate him which is surprising in that they normally think any other town player who plays for them is crap including Hendrie !

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
MuddyWaters
June 9, 2022, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from livosnose

my Bradford supporting mates really rate him which is surprising in that they normally think any other town player who plays for them is crap including Hendrie !

Hendrie has signed a new two year contract!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charles Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.