3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
June 8, 2022, 9:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
Yes he did. Gave Max a lot of praise on the radio.

It's a very different attitude to when he's been dropped in the past. The whole club is more professional from top to bottom and you can see that in the way the players have conducted themselves when they've been dropped.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
MrThirsty
June 8, 2022, 9:50am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm pretty sure Macca interrupted a post match interview with Crocombe to say what a great job he has done since he came in

Yes he did. I listened to the post match interviews on Humberside when I got back on Monday and he was clearly as excited as everyone else. Coincidentally I was talking to someone who had spoken to Macca recently where he said he has no problem with how things had turned out and feels lucky to have spent so long at the club as the number one choice.

So perhaps people can stop speculating on this without having any factual basis to do so and just remember what a great career he has had with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
diehardmariner
June 8, 2022, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Proper got me in the feels seeing McKeown stood there at the end, just soaking it all up.

He hasn't been at his best for the last few years but he's been a great servant to the club.  Sad way for it to end but there's no doubt Crocombe has come in and improved the back line.  

I don't tend to really pay any attention to where ex-players go and how their career develops, but with McKeown I genuinely hope he's successful in whatever path he chooses from here.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
LocalLadGTFC
June 8, 2022, 10:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,352
Gold Stars: 140
If my sources are correct, Mckeown is Boston bound 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 21
forza ivano
June 8, 2022, 10:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
If my sources are correct, Mckeown is Boston bound 👍

would make complete sense if he's starting his teaching career immediately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Rodley Mariner
June 8, 2022, 11:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Has he been completing a PGCE? Might explain why he's been absent at times as can imagine the club being very supportive in terms of getting him ready for a change in career once his time with us was clearly coming to an end.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Mayaman
June 8, 2022, 11:13am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
DO only the players who played in the final get a medal or the whole squad?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
TheultimateMariner
June 8, 2022, 11:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mayaman
DO only the players who played in the final get a medal or the whole squad?

I believe everyone who played should receive one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Abdul19
June 8, 2022, 12:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Everyone had one on at the end

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Posh Harry
June 8, 2022, 12:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Agree on Max coming, to explain my comment I suppose it's because there are few questions unanswered whilst he's been out such as why Battersby has been the No.2 keeper over the past couple of months and Macca hasn't been travelling with the squad, and obviously why he wasn't played at Eastleigh when we were resting Max. Could all be for footballing reasons but does make you wonder.

Makes perfect sense. It is a professional business and sentiment is not part of the equation. It seems that hurst thinks battersby is part of the future and James wasn’t but the kid needs as much game time and being around the first team as possible so that he is comfortable if he does need to step in.

I wish James all the luck in the world going forward. I know he had a Stevenage moment, but one moment in 10 years service is brilliant. He has been a great servant to the club and deserves lots of plaudits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.