June 8, 2022, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano

what a day of celebration that would be - half a lob on at the thought

Do they get any following from Aylesbury Forza.... or do they still have allegiance to the Ducks?

Hopefully it's the latter
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 27
forza ivano
June 8, 2022, 2:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Do they get any following from Aylesbury Forza.... or do they still have allegiance to the Ducks?

Hopefully it's the latter

quite a few go over there, unfortunately, including 2 from my local (can hardly bring myself to speak to them!)
both Aylesbury clubs have suffered; mini Aylesbury (now known as Aylesbury Vale Dynamoes) particularly so.
The Mighty Ducks punch above their weight in Southern League Div 1 Central, with a tiny budget, an excellent manager and a group of loyal, local players , who always try and play football. Testament to the manager is that 4 players he brought in have made it to national league South level. off the pitch we remain homeless, playing again at Chesham in front of our loyal 150 fans. AUFC are always amongst the biggest travelling support in the division. I'm a season ticket holder and there's good group of us skinheads and scooter boys who go over for a catch up, a moan and a beer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Mighty_Mariner
June 8, 2022, 8:51pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Do you have a link to the Forum?
I don't find it on a google search

Here you go mate…

https://www.iron-bru.co.uk/forums/forum/blast-furnace/

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
grimps
June 8, 2022, 9:08pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,165
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Ah it’s one of those boring ones where you have to sign up to view the posts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
It Bites
June 8, 2022, 9:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
I was on about the Facebook group called Scunny United Fans Group
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Spurn boy
June 8, 2022, 9:38pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
If you substitute Swan for Fenty you have a very similar situation to what we had at Town, the owner or major shareholder owns the club and is prepared to let it fall into a situation of disrepair as they are not prepared to spend any more money, and not prepared to sell for less than the amount they have invested in the club. We are so fortunate that our new owners were able to purchase the club when they did although relegation from the Football League happened they cannot be held responsible for that as the damage was done in the previous years. Onwards and Upward. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
FishOutOfWater
June 13, 2022, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano

quite a few go over there, unfortunately, including 2 from my local (can hardly bring myself to speak to them!)
both Aylesbury clubs have suffered; mini Aylesbury (now known as Aylesbury Vale Dynamoes) particularly so.
The Mighty Ducks punch above their weight in Southern League Div 1 Central, with a tiny budget, an excellent manager and a group of loyal, local players , who always try and play football. Testament to the manager is that 4 players he brought in have made it to national league South level. off the pitch we remain homeless, playing again at Chesham in front of our loyal 150 fans. AUFC are always amongst the biggest travelling support in the division. I'm a season ticket holder and there's good group of us skinheads and scooter boys who go over for a catch up, a moan and a beer

Good to hear that there's still some life left in the Ducks even if their halcyon years are well behind them now

And as for locals travelling over to MK to watch the Donuts.... words fail me. It was nice to see Wycombe stick it past them in the playoffs recently so at least they'll be stuck in the 3rd tier for another season
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 27
BottesfordMariner
June 14, 2022, 6:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I've lived in the Scunny area for almost 20 years. I still only know a  handful of people who actually watch them regularly.

I have never lowered my standards by going myself to watch them. Whenever I've been it's always been the away end.

Swann is perhaps even worse than Fenty .Whilst he remains they will struggle.

Do I want them to fold .....no absolutely not. Am I revelling just a little  in their current mess.   You betcha.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny United Fans Group

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.