1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
June 6, 2022, 4:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
A great weekend for all Town fans. A team with a never say die attitude and not knowing when they are beaten.

What are your memories of this weekend? They may not have been witnessed in person but maybe things you saw on social media or a mate of a mate told you.

I'll start with these:
McAtee's post match interview, shows how much he has enjoyed the season.
The togetherness that seems to run through the squad.
Dizza as a supporter, drinking a beer in a minibus on his way down to London.
Nathan Arnold in the crowd, wearing his 2016 winner's shirt.
Joey Jones carrying a fire extinguisher on the pitch, post match. What is that all about?
Celebs and current and former players sending best wishes, Alan Connell, Podge, Matty Pollock, Adam Richman, Rob McElhenney

On a personal note, we drove down yesterday morning, watched the game and listened again via Radio Humberside on the way home. Today I am watching the recording from BT.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
June 6, 2022, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
We had already pre-planned a trip to see the Test Match at Lord’s, catch a show, see the Jubilee pageantry etc and, fortunately, added another night in a flexible booked reservation in a Premier Inn at the end of April, long before we had even guaranteed our play off spot. Thanks to all the ducks lining up in a row, I can honestly not remember a better weekend, topped off by the best afternoon yesterday.
I think what made it special was that we defied the odds so often and won a promotion that no one expected, especially those who we beat along the way. 2016 was great but it was more expected, this was far less so and therefore more memorable. Let’s hope we never go back down there again UTM.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
DB
June 6, 2022, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We had already pre-planned a trip to see the Test Match at Lord’s, catch a show, see the Jubilee pageantry etc and, fortunately, added another night in a flexible booked reservation in a Premier Inn at the end of April, long before we had even guaranteed our play off spot. Thanks to all the ducks lining up in a row, I can honestly not remember a better weekend, topped off by the best afternoon yesterday.
I think what made it special was that we defied the odds so often and won a promotion that no one expected, especially those who we beat along the way. 2016 was great but it was more expected, this was far less so and therefore more memorable. Let’s hope we never go back down there again UTM.

A weekend for you to remember, forever. Pleased you enjoyed it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Theimperialcoroner
June 6, 2022, 7:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Knew Diz was there, but love that Arnold was too in his shirt.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
The Yard Dog
June 6, 2022, 9:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Entering the stadium, someone tap me on the shoulder, it was the legend John Cockerill, their with his mates as a supporter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
dapperz fun pub
June 6, 2022, 9:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84

He was sat near me he celebrated like everyone else and took pics for those who asked .. a real top guy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Southwark Mariner
June 6, 2022, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83

Would have been amazing if he went for the FKW look
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
lukeo
June 7, 2022, 5:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Brief chat and photo with Dislet after the game, anyone who didn't know him would have assumed he was just a genuine buzzing town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Memories of the Weekend

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.