topuphere666
June 5, 2022, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Wow. Just bloody wow.
At half time I thought we were in for a long afternoon, they zipped the ball around so well. They had us on strings, pulling us from side to side. They looked dangerous every attack. We had a few chances but didn’t take them.

Turning point for me was Smith taking the head of Hudlin. After they, they didn’t have a plan B. JM’s goal was quality.

I’ve got a banging headache. A sore throat, horrendous heart burn but good lord. I love this team.

Hurst is an excellent team builder. This isn’t a squad. It’s a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
chaos33
June 5, 2022, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
So pleased we are back, unfortunately I collapsed this morning and knocked myself out so spent the day in Lincoln A&E but after eight hours of tests hopefully no permanent damage. Biggest miss was enjoying the victory with my 15 year old son who I insisted still went to the match with his Uncle and cousin.

God looking forward to a promotion hug when he gets home.

Absolutely three incredible play off games and I believe our performances in these games justify our return to the league.

Roll on next season.

I hope you’re feeling a bit better mate. We did it for you today! Get well soon and UTM.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
toontown
June 5, 2022, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings
It's massive is this. There will be more fans, more away fans, more revenue, more exposure and Hurst's player acquisition list will be nearer the top of the page than the bottom. We also have a much better chance of retaining the likes of Fox and McAtee who must have alerted a few managers during this incredible play off campaign.

It's got to be one of the best campaigns of any team in any play offs given the odds against us.

Incredible!

Yes, totally all this! Plus that incredible layoff run actually mean that had we failed I think a few more players who caught the eye might have been on the way than before the playoffs started. Fox and mcatee in particular. We might have been down there for years again. Now we have a real shot at holding on to our squad.

That playoff run is surely the greatest of all time - the players have been phenomenal! New legends!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
Swansea_Mariner
June 5, 2022, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Anyone know what our final attendance was as almost 23k there and it looked mostly town to me?

Felt like a lot more than 13k in and out the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
topuphere666
June 5, 2022, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
I was thinking the same Swan. They sold 5k. So where’s the other 5k come from. Our end seemed to have at 3 times the amount of theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
Madeleymariner
June 5, 2022, 8:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Promoted. its such agreat word  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
supertown
June 5, 2022, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from topuphere666
Wow. Just bloody wow.
At half time I thought we were in for a long afternoon, they zipped the ball around so well. They had us on strings, pulling us from side to side. They looked dangerous every attack. We had a few chances but didn’t take them.

Turning point for me was Smith taking the head of Hudlin. After they, they didn’t have a plan B. JM’s goal was quality.

I’ve got a banging headache. A sore throat, horrendous heart burn but good lord. I love this team.

Hurst is an excellent team builder. This isn’t a squad. It’s a team.

You saw a different game to me , and the BBC and BT who basically said we were behind against the run of play at HT . I didnt think they looked much of a threat at all and were very lucky to be ahead
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
topuphere666
June 5, 2022, 8:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from supertown

You saw a different game to me , and the BBC and BT who basically said we were behind against the run of play at HT . I didnt think they looked much of a threat at all and were very lucky to be ahead

Opinions eh. I felt they were more threatening going forward in the first half. Didn’t think we offered much compared to the second half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
Teestogreen
June 5, 2022, 8:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Anyone know what our final attendance was as almost 23k there and it looked mostly town to me?

Felt like a lot more than 13k in and out the ground.

Went past Swansea Cricket Ground this afternoon and immediately remembered Gary Sobers 6 sixes in one over - thought some of them were hit in a river but it must have been Swansea Bay. Mumbles pier not too clever
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
Jarmo.Is.God
June 5, 2022, 8:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I've never received a hug off my 6 year like the one when Maguire-Drew scored, he just squeezed me and smiled.
A moment I will treasure for ever, I shed a tear for sure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town Promoted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.