Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2022/23 Season Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

2022/23 Season Tickets

This thread currently has 137,939 views. Print
91 Pages Prev ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
July 18, 2022, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from ginnywings

How would one go about swapping seats?

My ST is a little away from the bulk of the group I go with and I could do with shuffling along my row a few seats.

Probably a phone call chief. Definitely feel like I recall the club mentioning that they expect some people to request to swap seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 860 - 904
ginnywings
July 18, 2022, 11:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from immariner

Probably a phone call chief. Definitely feel like I recall the club mentioning that they expect some people to request to swap seats

Cheers. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 861 - 904
golfer
July 19, 2022, 7:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ginnywings

How would one go about swapping seats?

My ST is a little away from the bulk of the group I go with and I could do with shuffling along my row a few seats.

Understand your mates have already done that Ginny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 862 - 904
ginnywings
July 19, 2022, 9:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from golfer

Understand your mates have already done that Ginny

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 863 - 904
diehardmariner
July 19, 2022, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Poojah

Football is a fickle game, we all know that, but there is a huge opportunity right now to grow the club in the long-term. We’ve just acquired somewhere in the region of 2,500 new season ticket holders, all of whom will have friends and family not yet frequently engaging with the club.

In increasing our footprint of core support by around 70% in one summer (having already grown 15% - 20% the summer before) we also now find ourselves in close, indirect reach to a huge pool of untapped potential fan base, by proxy.

The challenge already in many respects is one of capacity. Were we to start the season well, there is likely to be demand which exceeds our capacity to offer a decent view of the playing field (or in the case of temporary seating, a roof). That’s likely to restrictive.

I’ve always felt we could be much bigger as a club than we have been in my lifetime, all 37 years, but we need the requisite infrastructure in order to realise that potential. It’s a shame that our upturn in fortune comes at a time of such challenging economics, because I think we’re pretty close to proving that it needs a bigger stadium.

This feels like a really crucial period in the modern history of the club.  Definitely at a crux point.  One swallow never made a summer but with the sheer number of ST's we've sold it's looking highly likely that all home games are going to be either sell-outs in home areas or very close to it.  

The trick is going to be determining how many more we could have sold after the Sold Out signs go on the door.  If we're left with 200 seats left, all restricted views, would they have sold easily if they were decent views?  Are the poor views putting 200 people, 400, 2,000 people off coming to BP?

My personal view is that there's the potential interest there to exceed five-figures on home attendances and that it's BP itself which is the biggest constraint on growing our fan base beyond any glass ceiling we've almost put up ourselves since the gradual reduction of the ground capacity.  But how do we prove that we could ever get those numbers on a consistent basis, because really that's the justification we would need to either build a new ground or significantly redevelop BP.  

A new ground is incredibly expensive in the current climate and I'd imagine probably unfeasible without doing it as a joint venture.  The benefit of a new ground is that you can still continue with your old ground until it's built.  If we redevelop, great we arguably reduce the construction costs but our income is going to be reduced whilst each stand is knocked down and replaced.

Thankfully we've got people on board who know their excrement when it comes to this.  I can't imagine it's going to be straight forward whatever we do.    
Private Message
Reply: 864 - 904
Poojah
July 19, 2022, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,899
Gold Stars: 1,527
Done it. Who would have thought this possible just a couple of months ago? Mental. Reckon we might see a few more get theirs before the deadline ends tonight as people head to the Lincoln game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1549332175576875009

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 865 - 904
diehardmariner
July 19, 2022, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Even from the 45-50th day of sales, historically there looks to be a little surge going on - looking at that data on Mark's graph anyway.

I'm not sure when the early bird prices ended in previous years but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least another 200 ticket sales after the early bird prices end.  There are always a few who will take up tickets right at the last minute, of course that may have been reduced this year with the fear of missing out/losing your seat etc.

I still think we're due one, if not two, really exciting signings.  Wouldn't surprise me if they happen just before the transfer window shuts.  Combined with a decent start to the season and an increased feel good factor, I wouldn't rule out another little boost on ST sales.

intercourse it, we can do 6,000!
Private Message
Reply: 866 - 904
Poojah
July 19, 2022, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,899
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from diehardmariner
Even from the 45-50th day of sales, historically there looks to be a little surge going on - looking at that data on Mark's graph anyway.

I'm not sure when the early bird prices ended in previous years but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least another 200 ticket sales after the early bird prices end.  There are always a few who will take up tickets right at the last minute, of course that may have been reduced this year with the fear of missing out/losing your seat etc.

I still think we're due one, if not two, really exciting signings.  Wouldn't surprise me if they happen just before the transfer window shuts.  Combined with a decent start to the season and an increased feel good factor, I wouldn't rule out another little boost on ST sales.

intercourse it, we can do 6,000!

We sold a good number after the great start to last season. Do well again at the beginning and it’s a stretch, but by no means impossible.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 867 - 904
Limerick Mariner
July 19, 2022, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,751
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from diehardmariner

This feels like a really crucial period in the modern history of the club.  Definitely at a crux point.  One swallow never made a summer but with the sheer number of ST's we've sold it's looking highly likely that all home games are going to be either sell-outs in home areas or very close to it.  

The trick is going to be determining how many more we could have sold after the Sold Out signs go on the door.  If we're left with 200 seats left, all restricted views, would they have sold easily if they were decent views?  Are the poor views putting 200 people, 400, 2,000 people off coming to BP?

My personal view is that there's the potential interest there to exceed five-figures on home attendances and that it's BP itself which is the biggest constraint on growing our fan base beyond any glass ceiling we've almost put up ourselves since the gradual reduction of the ground capacity.  But how do we prove that we could ever get those numbers on a consistent basis, because really that's the justification we would need to either build a new ground or significantly redevelop BP.

A new ground is incredibly expensive in the current climate and I'd imagine probably unfeasible without doing it as a joint venture.  The benefit of a new ground is that you can still continue with your old ground until it's built.  If we redevelop, great we arguably reduce the construction costs but our income is going to be reduced whilst each stand is knocked down and replaced.

Thankfully we've got people on board who know their excrement when it comes to this.  I can't imagine it's going to be straight forward whatever we do.    

Agreed, and I also think BP and its environs have been a constraint for a long while, starting with the Football Factory days. The infamous Leeds fixture weekend probably put many off returning for a long time, and then there was Stoke in the early 90s. It's great to see many families and young kids return now.

Five-figure crowds have been rare since the mid 60s apart from the McMenemy seasons and 79 to 82. If we ignore the McMenemy season as an outlier and the 50s post-war boom, our average crowds from 1960/61 to 65/66 looks to be a reasonable target level; we had a couple of years in Div 2 and then treading water in Div 3. Best average was 11.1k and worst was 7.1k - we may get close to the latter with a good season this time. Best league crowd in that period was 18k v Hull in 64/65 but Hull were top and probably brought loads over. Circa 14k peak looks more typical - same as our best league crowd in the 90s v Exeter. About 14k is what we need now - which we could fill, if doing well in the League, v well-supported Yorkies, for high-profile cup games, and, if it's sunny, no dog excrement on pavements, no tractors blocking the A46, v Lincoln...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 868 - 904
toontown
July 19, 2022, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Sales now at 5614!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 869 - 904
91 Pages Prev ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2022/23 Season Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.