Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Train cancellation- Sunday!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 280 Guests

Train cancellation- Sunday!

This thread currently has 5,652 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 3, 2022, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We were allowed to buy tickets for knebworth, even though they clearly knew the station would be shut.

They then say you can walk to Stevenage but there won’t be additional carriages so you may not get on your train…flipping scandalous…remember when they told us privatising they rail service would benefit customers…

I know for some, going on train was the only option for Sunday but it’s a precarious situation at present, I’d be worried…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
GYinScuntland
June 3, 2022, 10:08am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from topuphere666
I was told I could go on a later Hull train as long as the conditions were the same. The next train was over an hour later and taking an hour long due to changes.

I’m not waiting around in London - especially if it ends up being a bad day.

If you had waited you could have travelled on that ticket plus have a full refund via delay repay.
I've  claimed three or four hundred notes back over the last couple of years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
HertsGTFC
June 3, 2022, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01
We were allowed to buy tickets for knebworth, even though they clearly knew the station would be shut.

They then say you can walk to Stevenage but there won’t be additional carriages so you may not get on your train…flipping scandalous…remember when they told us privatising they rail service would benefit customers…

I know for some, going on train was the only option for Sunday but it’s a precarious situation at present, I’d be worried…

If you’re going to the gig it’s an easy walk from the Town centre to the park if you get off there. Should take you about 30 - 45 mins max.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
aldi_01
June 3, 2022, 10:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you’re going to the gig it’s an easy walk from the Town centre to the park if you get off there. Should take you about 30 - 45 mins max.

Agreed…issue is, they’ve basically said the trains will be full and they’ll limit people getting on platforms and it’s unlikely you’ll get on your train…

Not risking that with the playoff final the following day. Had we not made it, I’d happily gamble and sleep on a bench…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
AndyGTFC
June 3, 2022, 10:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
You can get a different train for any cancelled, they’ve confirmed on their Twitter.

EDIT: Although the 19:52 is the last one with Hull Trains to be fair and the rest aren't very convenient…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
Epworth Mariner
June 3, 2022, 11:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +669
Gold Stars: 58
Just spoke to Hull trains and they advised you can get the next earlier or later train back……but only one either side.
This is at the discretion of the other train operator and you have to get agreement before getting on!   ……and if there’s seats…….he said they can control the number of people now going on the platform.
If you don’t get agreement they will charge you the full bloody fare…!
Also the guy said there’s lots of trains being cancelled this weekend …..not yet announced
So even if you pay to change your not guaranteed to get on ….

Easier getting a man in the moon…….
Thanks national league for such a location and timing…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
Limerick Mariner
June 3, 2022, 12:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Not an option for many I know  - but drive to Peterboro gives you access to virtually all north south trains - Hull Trains are the only ones that don't stop there. £45 for travelcard to Hackney Wick - 1 hour 48 journey, trains leaving every 10-15 mins from Peterboro. I normally go to Grantham but with the potential cancellations Peterboro much safer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
lukeo
June 3, 2022, 12:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Hoping not to jynx myself here but I'm obviously very lucky here in Taunton there's 4-5 trains sunday morning in the space of 3 hours all arriving in Paddington in plenty of time, my train leaves at 9am and arrives at 11am Paddington.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
friskneymariner
June 3, 2022, 12:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Not an option for many I know  - but drive to Peterboro gives you access to virtually all north south trains - Hull Trains are the only ones that don't stop there. £45 for travelcard to Hackney Wick - 1 hour 48 journey, trains leaving every 10-15 mins from Peterboro. I normally go to Grantham but with the potential cancellations Peterboro much safer.

£17.00 parking at P/Boro station,plenty of other car parks .

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
Theimperialcoroner
June 3, 2022, 1:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from friskneymariner

£17.00 parking at P/Boro station,plenty of other car parks .

There’s a long stay one a bit further round for a fiver. Also on a Sunday you can street park off Lincoln Road five mins walk from Station .

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Train cancellation- Sunday!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.