2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
May 29, 2022, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Our fans have been absolutely brilliant in the last week, as we know they have been consistently throughout years of dross on the pitch. But can we slow the singing down just a bit? Everything, even the fish clap, gets sped up to a frenzy stopping people joining in. Sing it louder and slower and for longer. Not sure how to make that happen but if will create more noise from our end next weekend if it does.
Logged Online
Private Message
ncfc_chalky
May 29, 2022, 9:43am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
The "fish clap" brings all sorts of images to mind for those of us not from Grimsby 😮
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
chipsandgravy
May 29, 2022, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
The "fish clap" brings all sorts of images to mind for those of us not from Grimsby 😮

Sudocrem usually does the job!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Spatchcock
May 29, 2022, 10:10am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Having the big drum back would help set the beats.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
Vance Warner
May 29, 2022, 10:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,833
Gold Stars: 106
Agree with this but a bigger priority is working out a singing section for next week. If we can get behind a goal bouncing like it was in our last two play off finals we’ll have a great chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
aldi_01
May 29, 2022, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Vance Warner
Agree with this but a bigger priority is working out a singing section for next week. If we can get behind a goal bouncing like it was in our last two play off finals we’ll have a great chance

I suspect they’ll have a ‘singing section’, seems to be the norm these days…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
mariner91
May 29, 2022, 10:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Spatchcock

I think this would make a big difference. So long as it's not played quickly! I remember some of the Fish chants at Wembley against Brizzle Rovers. Slow and continuous for ages, got everyone involved and was such a good noise it gave me goosebumps.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Spatchcock
May 29, 2022, 10:51am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from mariner91

I think this would make a big difference. So long as it's not played quickly! I remember some of the Fish chants at Wembley against Brizzle Rovers. Slow and continuous for ages, got everyone involved and was such a good noise it gave me goosebumps.

Can still clearly remember that. Sounded brilliant as it echoed around the ground.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
acko338
May 29, 2022, 2:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Spatchcock

Only if the drummer gets it right - usually more frantic and excited as the match goes on.

Needs some timing lessons from our drum tutoring stadium announcer - Kev Rogers !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
LH
May 29, 2022, 3:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from mariner91

One of my Top 5 non-footballing Town moment for me was being in the bogs underneath the stand and the noise from that Fish chant echoing through the concourse. It was so effective because it was so simple to pick up for the floating supporters. I reckon if we are going to make noise all game we need to go with stuff like that, ATAW, PHBAWA. The who’s that team song is great if you go every week but thousands who go won’t know it.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Singing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.