GollyGTFC
May 26, 2022, 3:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Poojah

It’s just so, so obvious what their game was. To have identified that it might be advantageous to hunt down and tackle hard against a side renowned for its passing ability without apparently having considered what the consequences might be if you were end up a man down against such a side is just mind blowingly stupid.

At the time I took it as a compliment and a sign that Fulham with all their big money signings were admitting they couldn't beat us by playing fair.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 17
Poojah
May 26, 2022, 3:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from GollyGTFC

At the time I took it as a compliment and a sign that Fulham with all their big money signings were admitting they couldn't beat us by playing fair.

They couldn’t do it being dirty as fúck, either.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
toontown
May 26, 2022, 3:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
To get you in the mood from the last time we played a moneybags club that everyone expected to spank us

Errr.... that would have been the 7-1 defeat to Chelsea!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Theimperialcoroner
May 26, 2022, 5:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from toontown

Errr.... that would have been the 7-1 defeat to Chelsea!

Meant to add “in the play offs”

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
diehardmariner
May 27, 2022, 12:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Completely forgot about that tackle from Hayles too.  

Incredibly fortunate that no-one came out of that game with a serious injury.  As that's the case I feel no guilt in laughing at John Moore screaming "He's followed through....he's followed through!" when Moody gets his marching orders.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Maringer
May 27, 2022, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I remember being amazed that Lever was fit to start the second leg of the tie as I thought he'd had his legs broken. Crazy challenges in both ties.

A baking hot day at Craven Cottage and I remember there was nowhere to get out of the sun. I also remember being bodily picked up and spun round in a bear hug by a rather corpulent and sweaty Town fan when we scored the equaliser!

I suspect we went out in Covent Garden later in the night, but all those trips down to London to watch us get results around that time have blurred into one.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
ska face
May 27, 2022, 4:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Just heard on a podcast from a Wrexham fan that they’re getting about £250,000 an EPISODE for this documentary they’re filming this season. Absolutely insane, how can anyone compete with that?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
male private Nale
May 27, 2022, 4:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah
It never ceases to shock me how bad that tackle from Peschisolido on Handyside was. I think Handyside did well to get himself mostly out of the way because if he hadn’t, he’d have been seriously injured. They were out to hurt Town in that game; tactical madness from Keegan given they’d already had Trollope sent off in the first leg.

An early red card for a Wrexham striker would be most welcome on Saturday. Are you listening Ollie Palmer? You owe us one for that fúcking half-baked clearance against Bristol Rovers at Wembley.

Tactical and Keegan are very rarely used in the same sentence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Moneybags Clubs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.