3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
May 11, 2022, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
As poor as his crossing was, Clifton got in and behind their defence a fair few times.  Which is more than Sousa did for pretty much the whole game, the aforementioned cross for Clifton the exception.

Clifton on the left isn't really playing with a winger.  He's not going to do the job of a proper winger and won't deliver the crosses you would expect, certainly not on his weaker side.  But what he does do is add work-rate and, in theory, the option for the left-back to push forward a bit more.  Amos was quieter than he has been of late which showed with our lack of threat down the left.  

Agree, again, on the Holohan point.  He's quickly disappointing me.  Clearly a player in there and he shows glimpses but he's anonymous at the minute.  

Fox and McAtee the stand out performers but Smith just oozes class.  If we can get him back on loan next season, regardless of what league we're in, it'll be a very good piece of business.

Crocombe made some very smart saves and commanded his area perfectly.  Distribution was spot on, especially with quick releases to set McAtee on the counter a couple of times.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Hagrid
May 11, 2022, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from diehardmariner
As poor as his crossing was, Clifton got in and behind their defence a fair few times.  Which is more than Sousa did for pretty much the whole game, the aforementioned cross for Clifton the exception.

Clifton on the left isn't really playing with a winger.  He's not going to do the job of a proper winger and won't deliver the crosses you would expect, certainly not on his weaker side.  But what he does do is add work-rate and, in theory, the option for the left-back to push forward a bit more.  Amos was quieter than he has been of late which showed with our lack of threat down the left.  

Agree, again, on the Holohan point.  He's quickly disappointing me.  Clearly a player in there and he shows glimpses but he's anonymous at the minute.  

Fox and McAtee the stand out performers but Smith just oozes class.  If we can get him back on loan next season, regardless of what league we're in, it'll be a very good piece of business.

Crocombe made some very smart saves and commanded his area perfectly.  Distribution was spot on, especially with quick releases to set McAtee on the counter a couple of times.

strange one isnt it, i'd say since the Stockport game- despite Scoring, he's been pretty poor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
diehardmariner
May 11, 2022, 3:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Fair point was made around me last night that he's yet to have had a settled partner in midfield, added to that the system has tweaked here and there between a straight two up top and McAtee working in between.

Probably would expect an experienced player to cope with that situation but it can't help.  

He's definitely got something about him.  Having come into the team having not played much prior, perhaps it's just fatigue and a bit of rest until the play-off games might be what's needed.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Tommy
May 12, 2022, 12:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Holohan may have been quiet last night but I don't think he was poor.
J.Jones on the other hand was shocking when I saw him play (admittedly I wasn't at Chesterfield).

As others have said, Fox was excellent. Thought he owned the middle of the park.

Smith really has a good presence about him for a young lad and has been very good for us (aside from when he's been asked to play right back - which should never happen again).

Important save from Crocombe and loved some of his distribution.

Some of the link up play from Taylor was sublime.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
goldenfish
May 12, 2022, 6:43am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
can’t believe how good Pearson was , did not miss a thing , he reads the game so well , his positioning overcomes his lack of pace , love his ‘ body on the line ‘ attitude , a hero . I prefer him and Smith as the pairing . 1-0 makes it sound closer than it was , BW where poor in a game they had to win ..  Lottery of playoffs now , on our day we can beat anybody , either way I’ve enjoyed my Saturdays this season and look forward  to going to the games again … good luck lads ▪️▫️▪️▫️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.