9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
May 8, 2022, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I cannot remember him getting a header in the penalty area especially from corners - it seems to me the best man for headers from corners is Waterfall who really attacks the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 82
golfer
May 8, 2022, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from golfer
Abrahams is going to be a star player in the future - still young - try to sign him Paul. Gives his all.

I remember another young player - Kayden Jackson -who most people on here thought was shite according to many posts - he went on to better things and he has similarities to Abrahams. Let's wait and see what happens in a couple of years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
jamesgtfc
May 8, 2022, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner
One of them games. Sometimes just have to dust yourself down and accept it wasn't to be your day.

Scannell injury knackered everything up, completely feel for the lad. He was flying in those opening minutes and looked set to better them on his own.

JMD was maybe the right call as the sub and Hurst wasn't to know he would be needed as a wing back for a large period of the game. He looks unfit, lacking confidence and was pretty poor all round. Add the responsibility of covering the whole right flank and it's a recipe for disaster.

I've seen a lot of alternative substitutions and tactics suggested post Waterfall and I don't think there is a right or wrong one. Arguably I think we might have been better actually taking JMD off for Pearson, pushing Clifton inside and going 4-3-2.  No one out of position, retaining energy wide and in the middle.  Hindsight is bloody wonderful though isn't it?

A point from six gets us over the line but we need key players to start doing more. JMD doesn't look close to the player who hit the ground running and Holohan has looked well off the pace for a few weeks. McAtee aside I'm struggling to see anyone who's going to come in and really drag wins out of us.

Regards McAtee, he clearly can't be fit. Even at 3-0 that game was there for the taking, definitely at 2-0.  They were awful yet we just lacked a little edge. A fit McAtee on the pitch changes that game and I think Hurst knew it. Not a criticism either because I don't know who else you put on the bench.

Interesting take on taking JMD off but it's a huge insult to take off the sub, especially when he's been on 15 minutes. If he started instead of Scannell, then I think I agree with you but then the game doesn't play out like it did I guess. Personally, I still think we shouldn't have made a sub after the red.

Your McAtee point, the way the game was being played, they were 100% going to go all out to hurt him so it was absolutely the right thing to keep him off the pitch in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 82
oochiad
May 8, 2022, 7:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Yep I agree, they’d have gone for Mcatee, wasn’t worth the risk…….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 82
quebec38
May 8, 2022, 7:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Agree on McAtee. We are in a good position now where we just need a point from two games (we probably won’t even need that) - absolutely no need to risk him.

Maidenhead seemed to have a real strange vendetta yesterday. I get they’ve upset us twice this season but there was no real anger at the result yesterday on our behalf so it seemed a bit misplaced and odd. They were as bad as anyone we’ve seen this season at BP so they can enjoy their spot in the lower half and we’ll carry on concentrating on promotion.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
Hagrid
May 8, 2022, 7:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from quebec38
Agree on McAtee. We are in a good position now where we just need a point from two games (we probably won’t even need that) - absolutely no need to risk him.

Maidenhead seemed to have a real strange vendetta yesterday. I get they’ve upset us twice this season but there was no real anger at the result yesterday on our behalf so it seemed a bit misplaced and odd. They were as bad as anyone we’ve seen this season at BP so they can enjoy their spot in the lower half and we’ll carry on concentrating on promotion.

First half they were fine, second they turned very Bromley-esque.

Was just a very bizarre game of football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
IlkleyMariner
May 8, 2022, 8:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Think we will be k for qualifying for playoffs but not holding my breath.

Lost some confidence in last couple of games but it’s never over till it’s over….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 8, 2022, 8:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
I wasn't there yesterday but was at Maidenhead for the away game. I left that thinking 'how did we not beat them?'. It was very frustrating. So maybe it's a Maidenhead thing and they're a team we can't work out or don't have the players or style of play (or whatever) to beat them. Their league position doesn't lie.
I recall they had some big lads and were quite physical without being dirty.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
Norseman
May 8, 2022, 11:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Lost to a very poor team with 10 men .While Solihull were beating a good team with 10 men .Says it all about where we are in relation to possible play off opponents
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 82
mimma
May 9, 2022, 12:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Solihull were already two up when Osborne was sent off though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.