Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National league during the World Cup.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

National league during the World Cup.

This thread currently has 1,775 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Wiley2405
May 3, 2022, 8:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
After a little research I’m non the wiser.

Will the National League continue throughout the period of the World Cup this year? I assume the championship will stop at the same time as the Premiership but cannot see anything regarding Lg1 Lg2 and non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
May 3, 2022, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Yes it carries on as normal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
jamesgtfc
May 3, 2022, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I doubt there will be many players disappearing to the World Cup below the Championship. Our last group game is on a Tuesday night so I expect that will be left blank in the calendar.

If we top our group, the second round is on a Sunday so doesn't pose a problem but if we finish second, it's 3PM Saturday 3rd December so it will be interesting to see how the league's navigate that situation.

If we advance from the second round, the quarter final is Saturday 10th December if we top our group or Friday 9th if we finish second.

Haven't looked beyond that but it will be interesting to see if the fixtures deal with these scenarios.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
toontown
May 3, 2022, 8:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I doubt there will be many players disappearing to the World Cup below the Championship. Our last group game is on a Tuesday night so I expect that will be left blank in the calendar.

If we top our group, the second round is on a Sunday so doesn't pose a problem but if we finish second, it's 3PM Saturday 3rd December so it will be interesting to see how the league's navigate that situation.

If we advance from the second round, the quarter final is Saturday 10th December if we top our group or Friday 9th if we finish second.

Haven't looked beyond that but it will be interesting to see if the fixtures deal with these scenarios.

Could just list games as on weekend of 3rd December,so wiggle room for the Sunday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
GrimRob
May 3, 2022, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,454
Gold Stars: 115
Might give attendances a boost across the game. Normally the World Cup is a distant memory come August but, just like the snooker club during the Crucible fortnight, the tennis club when Wimbledon is on, minds might turn to the sport they suddenly remember is quite good to watch.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 7
diehardmariner
May 4, 2022, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from GrimRob
Might give attendances a boost across the game. Normally the World Cup is a distant memory come August but, just like the snooker club during the Crucible fortnight, the tennis club when Wimbledon is on, minds might turn to the sport they suddenly remember is quite good to watch.

Sounds like the masterplan of the former regime for season ticket sales in the summer of 2018.  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
mimma
May 5, 2022, 4:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Will our kick off times clash with the world cup times?

If they are in the evenings, make sure we don't have any midweek games at the same time.

Feel sorry for our travelling fans that might miss a game because they have been to a Town away game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Wiley2405
May 5, 2022, 4:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from mimma
Will our kick off times clash with the world cup times?

If they are in the evenings, make sure we don't have any midweek games at the same time.

Feel sorry for our travelling fans that might miss a game because they have been to a Town away game.

I doubt they will clash, not only the fans but you have to think of the players aswell. I’m sure they would like to watch the England matches, but who knows we will have to wait and see once the fixtures are initially released.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National league during the World Cup.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.