5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
May 2, 2022, 10:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,065
Gold Stars: 359
If you listen to the DN35 podcast you will hear that the club are going to use advisors to draw up a 5-year plan for the club.

What an absolute waste of time and money. The previous regime left them with a 5-year plan. It’s a piece of A4 paper with “get back to the Championship” written on it in big letters with no details how that would be achieved.

Why do we need another one?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
jamesgtfc
May 2, 2022, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC
If you listen to the DN35 podcast you will hear that the club are going to use advisors to draw up a 5-year plan for the club.

What an absolute waste of time and money. The previous regime left them with a 5-year plan. It’s a piece of A4 paper with “get back to the Championship” written on it in big letters with no details how that would be achieved.

Lincoln owe us a favour after we advised them on how to avoid relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2022, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC

So what do you expect them to do, just turn in each day and see what happens?

Most organisations have a 5 year plan and gear their financing to that plan, it's not unusual fact it's pretty common as any bank or corporate lender would insist on it. If as they say the plan is ultimately to attract other investors this is also a must.

They have said on numerous occasions they are not experts in football and will need some expertise to help build any plan, which makes sense.

Any plan the last regime had resulted in JSF and his cabal making money at the end of it, I'd imagine that is not the primary purpose of 1878.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
chaos33
May 2, 2022, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I know you’re entitled to your opinion, and fair enough, but what a load of miserable, unrealistic cobblers. This regime have talent, vision, acumen, ambition and money. The previous regime had none of those things. They are strategists and they want results and success. Of course they’re developing a plan, and they’ll use it to measure their own progress. What do you expect/want them to do, busk it?

UTM.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
jamesgtfc
May 2, 2022, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I'm sure Golly will be quick to correct me if I'm wrong but I think his post is completely tongue in cheek...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
Limerick Mariner
May 2, 2022, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I'm sure Golly will be quick to correct me if I'm wrong but I think his post is completely tongue in cheek...

I kind of thought that was obvious and then had to reread it as I looked at the posts below it...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
TownSNAFU5
May 2, 2022, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Having a plan (it is said a bad plan is better than no plan) gives you something to aim for.  To use resources to make incremental steps towards achieving an objective over time.  You can see if you are on course or not.  A plan is standard in businesses - and even for families.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
supertown
May 2, 2022, 11:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from jamesgtfc

That’s how I read it too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
aldi_01
May 2, 2022, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think people have missed Golly’s joke…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
It Bites
May 2, 2022, 12:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,214
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from aldi_01
I think people have missed Golly’s joke…

That's because some people don't read properly. They don't listen either . To busy thinking about the next argument
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood & Pettit 5 year plan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.