2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
May 1, 2022, 7:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Who would you prefer to get promoted automically this season? personally I want Wrexham, I think we would have a better chance against Stockport than Wrexham.
Wrexham are in good form and scoring for fun, Ollie Palmer has scored the same McAtee, were as Stockport are having a poor run at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
May 1, 2022, 7:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Yesterday I was asked this very question and said I hoped Stockport would go up. But given yet another defeat yesterday they are definitely faltering, and teams that drop into the playoffs after looking certs to go up might well struggle to regain momentum and confidence.

So now I would rather Wrexham go up. But I may think differently tomorrow.😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
jamesgtfc
May 1, 2022, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
In terms of benefitting us I would prefer Wrexham to clinch it but I'd love to see ourselves and Halifax go up so we can all watch Wrexham and Stockport implode from afar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
LH
May 1, 2022, 7:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Either and if we don’t go up then hope the other one does to give us a better chance next season.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
ex-merseymariner
May 1, 2022, 7:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc
In terms of benefitting us I would prefer Wrexham to clinch it but I'd love to see ourselves and Halifax go up so we can all watch Wrexham and Stockport implode from afar.

I was about to say Halifax, that would be fantastic provided we went up in the playoffs.

If Stockport and Wrexham both messed it up, lots of awards for manager of year might look a bit silly....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
RonMariner
May 1, 2022, 7:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
The current form over the last 17 games, is automatic promotion form. So if we don’t go up, with this squad plus a few additions we might well be challenging for the title next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2022, 7:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,020
Gold Stars: 232
Wrexham but I still think it will be Stockport

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Theimperialcoroner
May 1, 2022, 8:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Remember how tough it’s going to be next season with the mighty Iron coming down. They are surely going to walk this league…..🤔

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
GrimRob
May 1, 2022, 8:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
I think it will be better to play an out of form team so I would rather Wrexham win.

But we obviously need to win a tough game first to even get to the semi and the chance to face second or third.

If we don't get promoted I'd rather Stockport went up as they'd be favourites for the title next season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 18
HerveJosse
May 1, 2022, 10:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,211
Gold Stars: 145
With Chesterfield , Wrexham and Halifax still to play Stockport have now made life difficult for themselves.  On basis that we would face either away I would rather go to Stockport then Wrexham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Automatic promotion spot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.