April 26, 2022, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from Sweden

That’s absolutely brilliant.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Phil the cod
April 26, 2022, 3:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Can we have at least one place were we can enjoy 90 minutes of football without having to listen to drunken idiots causing problems and other related issues, such as obnoxious, I'll mannered, selfish behaviour, we already have a disproportionate number of "divvy's" sat in our stand spouting absolute garbage.
The people of this country don't know how to behave in a civilized manner when they've had a few beers, yes,they are allowed beer in games in Germany,but Germans don't want to fight everyone,urinate all over,and cause problems after 2 pints like our morons.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
jamesgtfc
April 26, 2022, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Phil the cod
Can we have at least one place were we can enjoy 90 minutes of football without having to listen to drunken idiots causing problems and other related issues, such as obnoxious, I'll mannered, selfish behaviour, we already have a disproportionate number of "divvy's" sat in our stand spouting absolute garbage.
The people of this country don't know how to behave in a civilized manner when they've had a few beers, yes,they are allowed beer in games in Germany,but Germans don't want to fight everyone,urinate all over,and cause problems after 2 pints like our morons.

You can go to a non-league game in the Northern Premier or below and watch the game with a pint in your hand. All of this is done by many people and in a civilised manner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Phil the cod
April 26, 2022, 3:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

You can go to a non-league game in the Northern Premier or below and watch the game with a pint in your hand. All of this is done by many people and in a civilised manner.

Maybe so, but I'm basing my opinion on experiences of the drinking and violence culture of Grimsby and Cleethorpes. There's too many people in this town that can't behave when they've had a drink, it's a shame because we should be able to get a pint if we want to and watch the game,but alas,I can guarantee it will cause trouble.
There's a few idiots near us in the lower that can't walk in a straight line they've had that much to drink before the game, constantly bumping into people and up and down the aisles like a yo-yo. But hey,so long as they're happy, doesn't matter about spoiling the game for the decent fans.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
pizzzza
April 26, 2022, 3:46pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Phil the cod
we already have a disproportionate number of "divvy's" sat in our stand spouting absolute garbage.

Suggest you delete your post, that term does not mean "drunk", it is a derogatory term for something else. Although as the resident wind up merchant you are most likely well aware of that.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Phil the cod
April 26, 2022, 3:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

Suggest you delete your post, that term does not mean "drunk", it is a derogatory term for something else. Although as the resident wind up merchant you are most likely well aware of that.

Don't think so, we still have freedom of speech and thought in this country.
If you don't like it block me Vladimir. As it happens I originally typed something far worse,but it was auto corrected to "divvys" so, blame the system.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
pizzzza
April 26, 2022, 4:04pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from Phil the cod

Don't think so, we still have freedom of speech and thought in this country.
If you don't like it block me Vladimir. As it happens I originally typed something far worse,but it was auto corrected to "divvys" so, blame the system.

Jeez, well done...  

Go on then, show us how brave you are... override your autocorrect and tell us the "far worse" thing you originally typed Mr Freedom of Speech
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Phil the cod
April 26, 2022, 5:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

Jeez, well done...  

Go on then, show us how brave you are... override your autocorrect and tell us the "far worse" thing you originally typed Mr Freedom of Speech

Maybe your hysterical overreaction is evidence of the need to not allow drinking in the stands at football?
Like you say, I'm obviously a "wind up merchant" as you seem to have risen to the bait .
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
TonySmith
April 26, 2022, 5:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
   I live in Atlanta Georgia, so I'm not only a GTFC fan of over 50 years, but also an Atlanta United season ticket holder. There is absolutely no issue there with drinking a pint (or two or even three) while watching the game. In fact, they even sell hard liquor if you've a mind to sip on a tasty whiskey or whatever. I have never seen any behavior issues as a result of this. If there have been any, they are rare and minor. Perhaps the real issue is not the alcohol itself.

By the way, I'm heading over to England for a couple of weeks later today, for the first time since before the pandemic hit, and it just so happens I'll be in London on Saturday and Grimsby on May 7th. Already got tickets for the games and really looking forward to seeing the boys bag 6 points!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
pizzzza
April 26, 2022, 5:46pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from Phil the cod

Maybe your hysterical overreaction is evidence of the need to not allow drinking in the stands at football?
Like you say, I'm obviously a "wind up merchant" as you seem to have risen to the bait .

Don't worry about me, no overreaction here, although I do think you using the term "divvy" is in extremely poor taste. There are a significant number of Town supporters that would be deeply offended by that.

Also you still have not posted that thing that you wanted to post that (what you say) was far worse. Has Mr Freedom of Speech censored himself perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Drinking in stands

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.