Private Message
Maringer
April 25, 2022, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
What sort of a bell-end gives a simple footy-related post such as this a red cross? It's not of any interest to me, but voting it down is ludicrous. In fact, I'll give it a tick to counter at least one idiot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Phil the cod
April 26, 2022, 3:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from soccerexpress fc
The Womens Euro Championships
Opening Game
England V Austria
Old Traffoird Manchester
Wed 6th July
Coach Travel from GTFC only £20
Call Soccer Express on 0333 444 0226

Car Parking Available
Only£10 for Cars Mini-Bus £15
Post Code M50 3UP

Non football.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
TAGG
April 26, 2022, 6:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
I know I will be slated but don't give a excrement.
Women's football is so bad and boring to watch.
Nothing against women, I love em but woman and football not for me.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
lobsterpot
May 6, 2022, 8:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from TAGG
I know I will be slated but don't give a excrement.
Women's football is so bad and boring to watch.
Nothing against women, I love em but woman and football not for me.

Youre entitled to your opinion of course but i think 1 of the major problems that stops us going forward with the womens game is that compared to the mens game it is poor. Thats just in comparison tho' its never gonna get any better if thats how we all look at it. At it's own level, in my opinion, compare it team to team in their own respective league and its fine in my opinion altho' i do get your view which is the bigger picture. I love watching town ladies team as they represent my club weather they be man, woman or goat and theyre as much a town fan as us and play for the club with pride, something some of our blokes have failed to do in recent years! Hope that makes sense. UTM

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
jamesgtfc
May 6, 2022, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I took in my first womens game last Sunday in the 3rd tier of the womens pyramid. The huge height difference was noticeable and the heading ability was very poor but each team had a couple of stand out players.

Women are different to men, they come in a lot more shapes and sizes and at some point, they typically have a baby. The game I was watching had a woman playing her last ever game before she retired from the game. She is 27.

The womens game is in its infancy and both teams were made up of players mainly aged between 16 and 21. They probably discovered a love for football or a club that would have them in their teens whereas boys are stereotypically dragged along to football clubs from a much younger age.

In the warm ups I noticed that one of the keepers could hardly kick a dead ball but she put a lot of pro keepers to shame when she kicked it out her hands. I was surprised at how entertaining the game was and I'm sure the standard will keep improving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England Women V Austria Old Trafford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.