This thread currently has 4,721 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
CleeDavid
April 25, 2022, 3:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 8
Good afternoon everyone - Clee Town secretary here. I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread!

A massive game for us tomorrow against Stockton, and it is certain to be a tough test. To confirm, that a win would put us one match away from promotion to the Northern Premier League - Premier Division (step 7).

The final will be held on Saturday. If we get there, it is either Marske away or Shildon at home.

All support from Mariners' fans is always much appreciated by our Board. We have all got our fingers well & truly crossed that you are successful in your own bid to return to League 2.

If anyone fancies it on Tuesday, we are keeping our usual admission prices (Adults £9, Concessions £6, 6-15 £3, Under 6 free). Gates open at 5.30pm.

Kind regards
David
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
Phil the cod
April 25, 2022, 3:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from CleeDavid
Good afternoon everyone - Clee Town secretary here. I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread!

A massive game for us tomorrow against Stockton, and it is certain to be a tough test. To confirm, that a win would put us one match away from promotion to the Northern Premier League - Premier Division (step 7).

The final will be held on Saturday. If we get there, it is either Marske away or Shildon at home.

All support from Mariners' fans is always much appreciated by our Board. We have all got our fingers well & truly crossed that you are successful in your own bid to return to League 2.

If anyone fancies it on Tuesday, we are keeping our usual admission prices (Adults £9, Concessions £6, 6-15 £3, Under 6 free). Gates open at 5.30pm.

Kind regards
David

Sorry, if I want to watch any other team around here it would be Boro.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
HertsGTFC
April 25, 2022, 3:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
This is good news, I hope they make it. I don't know anyone involved but they seem to do things really well in the right manner and seem like nice people.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
RichMariner
April 25, 2022, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,163
Gold Stars: 212
Good luck to Cleethorpes Town for tomorrow night. I hope they get through.

If they do, and they win the play-off final and get promoted to the Northern Premier League, that would be an incredible effort given where they've come from.

There are a lot of 'established' non-league teams at that level, who have been knocking around there for years without success.

I was born (and grew up living) in Cleethorpes so anything that carries their name gets my support.

And that's not me saying I would support them over Grimsby if they ever met in a serious competition. It'll always be Grimsby

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
RonMariner
April 25, 2022, 5:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,864
Gold Stars: 231
Best of luck to Clee Town. Be good for local players to be able to play at a higher level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
wigworld
April 25, 2022, 5:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Would promotion have any implications for ground facilities? I know sometimes a promotion necessitates money to be spent on improved stands and suchlike.

Either way, come on you Owls!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 36
April 25, 2022, 6:20pm
Guest User
Good Luck Clee Town.👍
Reply: 16 - 36
scrumble
April 25, 2022, 7:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from wigworld

Either way, come on you Owls!

It's a good job Harley doesn't frequent here any more

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Humbercod
April 25, 2022, 7:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Good luck to the Owls 🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
thefish
April 25, 2022, 8:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from RonMariner
Best of luck to Clee Town. Be good for local players to be able to play at a higher level.

And for any of our youngsters who we might want to send there on loan...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.