3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
April 25, 2022, 12:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Here you go, match highlights from Saturdays game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ld6eKz5MA
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
April 25, 2022, 12:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Not totally convinced it was a penalty Mr Moore?

About as clear cut as they come for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
lukeo
April 25, 2022, 7:12am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,415
Gold Stars: 149
I wasn't at the game and only have the highlights to go by but if i was a Torquay fan from that 1 viewing I'd be very upset. First half it looked like a penalty to them, ref obviously was close enough to see better than I could on the camera though. Also our penalty, dare I say if I was ref I'd have given them a free kick! If you look closely he's tripped by the other town player which makes him lose his balance to then give away the penalty.
Not complaining at all though! 3 points and 1 step closer to Wembley, West ham, Old Trafford, Ashton Gate, molineaux, millennium stadium.. 👀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Hagrid
April 25, 2022, 7:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from lukeo
I wasn't at the game and only have the highlights to go by but if i was a Torquay fan from that 1 viewing I'd be very upset. First half it looked like a penalty to them, ref obviously was close enough to see better than I could on the camera though. Also our penalty, dare I say if I was ref I'd have given them a free kick! If you look closely he's tripped by the other town player which makes him lose his balance to then give away the penalty.
Not complaining at all though! 3 points and 1 step closer to Wembley, West ham, Old Trafford, Ashton Gate, molineaux, millennium stadium.. 👀

Its a clear pen on amos
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
jamesgtfc
April 25, 2022, 8:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,044
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Hagrid

Its a clear pen on amos

It's one of them weird ones, it is a penalty because he gets tripped but he didn't have the ball under control so thankfully it was all a bit desperate in there and the defender caught Amos.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
quebec38
April 25, 2022, 8:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Yeah was a clear pen at the end. Video makes it less clear but on the day from the view I had it was an easy decision for the ref.

I was surprised Little was done for diving for their penalty shout in the first half but I couldn’t see it that well and the highlights don’t clear it up. Seems obvious it was the right call though from the reaction of their players.

Been said already but the ref was decent on Saturday again. I’m not one of these that buys in to bias conspiracy theories but I just hope to see the ref make the right calls on the day regardless of which way they go. Stockport ref was good as well so that’s two home games in a row. Unbelievable.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
Madeleymariner
April 25, 2022, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
On the day from the upper I thought you idiot Waterfall as looked a clear pen for Torquay but highlights to me show he threw himself in the air before he got to Waterfalls slide had he just stayed on his feet for another second Waterfall would have made contact with the ball already out of play then who knows what the decision would be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 25, 2022, 8:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Tell tale sign for me is that neither of the Torquay players involved in the respective penalty incidents made any complaints to the referee nor did any of their teammates. Think Lukeo has spent too much time in Devon and it’s affecting his judgement!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
davmariner
April 25, 2022, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from lukeo

You mad? Waterfall doesn’t even make contact with him.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Croxton
April 25, 2022, 8:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Madeleymariner
On the day from the upper I thought you idiot Waterfall as looked a clear pen for Torquay but highlights to me show he threw himself in the air before he got to aterfalls slide had he just stayed on his feet for another second Waterfall would have made contact with the ball already out of play then who knows what the decision would be.

Ditto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Torquay highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.