Reply: 10 - 17
diehardmariner
May 11, 2022, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Definitely would be a boost going into the play-offs to have him back.

Our set-pieces have been dire of late but in the middle Holohan looks a bit of a passenger for the large parts, complete opposite of the player who first arrived.  Can only put it down to coming straight into the side and a lack of games previously just catching up with him.  Fox, on the other hand, has looked excellent since his return.  

Jones hasn't worked out and it looks like Hurst has given up on that experiment whereas Burgess doesn't strike me as someone who Hurst views as anything more than a number to fill in/come on late in games.   Clifton is someone I've wanted to see in the middle but we seem to perform better when he's on the left.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
HerveJosse
May 11, 2022, 11:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Even if back can’t see Hurst throwing in anybody who has been out for a while into the play off games except in an emergency.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
ex-merseymariner
May 11, 2022, 3:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from HerveJosse
Even if back can’t see Hurst throwing in anybody who has been out for a while into the play off games except in an emergency.

The lads on loan from a Premiership side and has probably our best set piece delivery plus taller than most of our current midfield.  Maybe factor that in.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Maringer
May 11, 2022, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Raikhy and Fox together would have the potential to be a pretty dynamic pairing. Both tall, strong, can tackle, pass and get around the pitch well.

Of course, this assumes Raikhy is fit enough to last 90 minutes, which he isn't. After a long time out, you'd expect him to be blowing after half an hour and, in the play-offs, you really need everyone to be able to complete the 90 minutes if required. If we're starting with McAtee and Raikhy, it's a gamble that you aren't going to be forced into a couple of subs relatively early in the game which could be a problem. In the Maidenhead game, we struggled to gain impetus in the second half because we'd had to use an early sub for Scannell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
chaos33
May 11, 2022, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Ben Fox is 5ft 10. That’s not ‘tall’. Just saying.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
TheultimateMariner
May 11, 2022, 4:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from chaos33

That’s like saying 2 inches isn’t big
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Maringer
May 11, 2022, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from chaos33

I'm never convinced by the information about height of players available on the internet. Soccerbase says Fox is 5'10", Wikipedia says 5'11". It also says that JMD is 5'11". I know which of Fox and JMD I reckon is the taller and he's not a winger. Fox looks to me to be about 6 feet tall (from my lofty view in the Findus!) which is reasonably tall for a central midfielder. Young 'uns are a lot taller than they were in my day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Raikhy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.