lukeo
April 17, 2022, 4:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Azimuth
Would be a winderful gesture, I along with many others have been fighting my demons, I am very open and have no shame in saying I saught help and am currently undergoing a course of therepy, I urge anyone going through any crisis or feeling unwell to seek help, there is no stigma or shame, life is stressful and all of us get physically and mentally exhausted at times.

The fishy is here for you. Also other platforms are quite good. Talk men I think it's called on Facebook, I used that a couple of years ago when I went through alot!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
chaos33
April 17, 2022, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Azimuth
Would be a winderful gesture, I along with many others have been fighting my demons, I am very open and have no shame in saying I saught help and am currently undergoing a course of therepy, I urge anyone going through any crisis or feeling unwell to seek help, there is no stigma or shame, life is stressful and all of us get physically and mentally exhausted at times.

I’m here for you mate if you need an ear or a shoulder. I’ve had therapy and still have medication. I will always carry a fellow mariner. I might be rubbish at looking after myself, and a bit broken but I won’t see others suffer.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
chaos33
April 17, 2022, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile
Let’s applaud like there’s no tomorrow to prove that there are something where all fans are united.

Absolutely this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
promotion plaice
April 17, 2022, 5:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,083
Gold Stars: 201

I won't be at King's Lynn but will be listening on the radio and clapping at home on the 8th minute.

Terrible thing mental health, I've suffered with it for most of my life.

Thoughts with Lee's family and friends.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
chaos33
April 17, 2022, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
And with you mate ❤️

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
cmackenzie4
April 17, 2022, 5:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from promotion plaice

I won't be at King's Lynn but will be listening on the radio and clapping at home on the 8th minute.

Terrible thing mental health, I've suffered with it for most of my life.

Thoughts with Lee's family and friends.

I think most people have PP but maybe don’t realise or choose to brush it off, I think with the pressures of life and financial struggles nowadays it affects a lot of people mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Azimuth
April 17, 2022, 5:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +711
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That’s brilliant Azimuth, I hope everything is going well for you mate. 👍

Thanks for the messages guys, its all going well so far and a work in progress!
Just wanted to say that if I can seek help then anyone can, its alwayS confidential so there is no shame or stigma, we each have our own stories to tell and pressures in life so if me being open about what I have done can encourage one other person to admit to themself they need some help and then take the biggest step in getting it then that alone is an achievment and could change a life.

Times are changing and we should all have honest conversations, mental illness is like any other illness, if we feel physically sick we go to a Dr, so why not when we are stressed, anxious or feeling depressed?

Most important of all is that each of us loom out for each other and speak to your friends and family if you feel out of sorts or notice another person is not themselves, it can and does make a difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
chaos33
April 17, 2022, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
You’re right mate ❤️

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
lukeo
April 17, 2022, 6:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
I know this was originally started for tomorrows game aand I'm sure we'll get back to it. But I am just curious to see what help others seeked?
I was given anti depresents but they literally wiped me out and i slept 18-20hrs a day for 4-5 days soo quickly came off of them. I then was offered talk therapy and that genuinely worked brilliant for me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Applause for Lee Calton at Kings Lynn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.