4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
barrattstandman
April 17, 2022, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
When will managers start with their best available team and try to get a game won then make changes . Don't take chances like Pep did and regret it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Hagrid
April 17, 2022, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
I expect to see Sousa fox and Cropper in.

Possibly Crookes

But as strong a team as possible, get the points on the board and if we can get too a point against Boreham wood/eastleigh where we csn rest players, lets do that then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
MuddyWaters
April 18, 2022, 7:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
I expect to see Sousa fox and Cropper in.

Possibly Crookes

But as strong a team as possible, get the points on the board and if we can get too a point against Boreham wood/eastleigh where we csn rest players, lets do that then

Why would you play someone with no end product in a game where end product is essential? Sousa is the 5th option for a wide position now Wright is (allegedly) fit again.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
DB
April 18, 2022, 7:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Resting players is not an option at the moment, ensuring that we are in the play offs is. Once that is achieved then we can rest players.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Hagrid
April 18, 2022, 7:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why would you play someone with no end product in a game where end product is essential? Sousa is the 5th option for a wide position now Wright is (allegedly) fit again.

Just stating what i think pal?

I’d also say wright should be 5th choice as he’s been told he can start looking for a future away from the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
April 18, 2022, 8:11am
Guest User
Now is not the best time to be swapping out players just to give those who haven't featured much a game.  We should go with our best team and use subs when we are winning well.
Reply: 25 - 31
GollyGTFC
April 18, 2022, 8:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
I don’t see why we would change a winning team. Today is no different to playing Tuesday after a Saturday. We don’t have another game for 5 days and we haven’t played a midweek game in the last 3 weeks.

I would expect to see a couple of changes based on general fitness (I.e. data from the players GPS vests and whether Efete can do 2 games over 4 days) but not the wholesale changes predicted by the Telegraph bloke.

Tactically Hurst might go with 2 proper wingers to try and get at KLT and either rest Clifton or move him inside at the expense of Jones. Cropper could come in for Efete if Hurst doesn’t want to play him twice over 4 days or if there’s any issue relating to Stockport kicking him for 90 minutes on Friday. The only other one I could see is Mani D in for Taylor. But given we haven’t played a midweek game for 4 weeks and the next one isn’t for 3 weeks Hurst might not rest him.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 31
HertsGTFC
April 18, 2022, 9:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,016
Gold Stars: 229
Start with 2 wingers, add Cropper for Effete as his throw may come in handy, either Clifton or Fox in for Jones. I’d start Taylor but would like to see Mani get 30 minutes or so at least.

Either was it feels like for once we’ve got plenty to pick from at the right time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
lukeo
April 18, 2022, 9:30am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Start with 2 wingers, add Cropper for Effete as his throw may come in handy, either Clifton or Fox in for Jones. I’d start Taylor but would like to see Mani get 30 minutes or so at least.

Either was it feels like for once we’ve got plenty to pick from at the right time.

Agree with this aslong as we're winning (regards giving Mani a longer run out)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
AdamHaddock
April 18, 2022, 9:30am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,841
Gold Stars: 26
I wouldn't chop and change too much except to bring in a bit more creativity against a stubborn defence

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kings Lynn - Starting X1

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.