aldi_01
April 7, 2022, 6:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MarinerWY

Glad to hear the police reacted well and fair play. Hope you're brother is OK now.

I had a different perspective of the policing in the stadium. I thought their strong presence in front of the advertising boards escalated things (it was the polar opposite to Notts County where they took a backseat during the match) and saw some very aggressive behaviour, including a copper grabbing a fan by the scruff of the neck and appearing to square up to him before pushing him away. I don't care whats been said to you, your job as a police officer is to not rise to that. Also saw some badge numbers covered up which is always a worrying sign.

I thought their way of approaching it wasn't conducive to diffusing situations: no dialogue and aggressive. Seen police handle things much better tbh.

I saw some with numbers removed/covered up which is always a concern.

Interestingly, I think there was a clash of approach within the same police force. I saw some coppers being sensible and just standing back and realising people were just enjoying their day, I saw others forcibly pushing people for essentially standing in a spot.

My own view is that had you removed the line of coppers in their over the top jump suits and get up akin to what your mam used to get you from Mad Harry’s, I suspect there’d have been little or zero disorder, just as we saw at Notts County and have seen at numerous other games up and down the country.

Covering the first three rows with that silly black sheeting made zero sense either.

And before people give it the whole, ‘if you do nothing wrong you don’t have anything to worry about’ nonsense, it’s simply not true.

Borehamwood, my father in law, never been involved in any sort of disorder at football in his life, searched and then spoken to like a piece of shite by a thug for rent. I’ve been herded and spoken to like shite various times at various places, I once got pushed at an away game, in fact several times and once I was even guided towards a train that I wasn’t getting on Becauee I was going the opposite direction, simply because I was a football fan so i must be going back home.

There’s a huge issue in the way football is policed and the way stewards behave. Many coppers will agree with this and it causes huge problems length and breadth of the country.

I remember speaking to our copper a couple of seasons ago, there was s game where he offered some decent intel and the likes…the primary force ignored him and essentially said ‘we know best’…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
It Bites
April 7, 2022, 7:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from TAGG

We're you there??
Have you ever been young?
Have you ever seen overzealous stewarding?
Police profiling, as in any away fans are scum.
The head steward was an absolute div and the copper in charge had a face like a smacked bottom all game and looked like he couldn't wait for the next bundle in.

It was a great game and great day out but there are always miserable twits about who just can't wait to put a downer on things.

Your right to defend simpleton behaviour is there for you . I hope you enjoy it 👍
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
woodi147
April 7, 2022, 8:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 1
That happened in front of me yard dog,
Your brother didn't  look to pleased with the steward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
Heswall Mariner
April 7, 2022, 9:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from RobDef1
Just clicked the link provided, so we are talking about 6 people among nearly 8,000, and you think that's:

A. Newsworthy
and
B. Letting the club and fan base down?

Talk about storm in a teacup...

I have no wish to prolong  this nonsense - but I seem to recall that these few thugs deeds were recorded at 4 pm.
Obviously dedicated fans there to watch the game  - not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
TAGG
April 7, 2022, 9:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from It Bites

Your right to defend simpleton behaviour is there for you . I hope you enjoy it 👍

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simpletons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.