Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Remaing fixtures for the play-offs contenders
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 275 Guests

Remaing fixtures for the play-offs contenders

This thread currently has 4,855 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
April 8, 2022, 10:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
I thought we were much the better side at home (watched it on TV) and my Halifax supporting team agreed.

In the away match one Pearson error cost us but that was much more even. I wish I hadn't gone to that game twenty quid, freezing game, got beat, caught Covid. Joyous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
Hagrid
April 8, 2022, 10:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I thought we were much the better side at home (watched it on TV) and my Halifax supporting team agreed.

In the away match one Pearson error cost us but that was much more even. I wish I hadn't gone to that game twenty quid, freezing game, got beat, caught Covid. Joyous.

im sure it was Crookes

And we havent seen him since!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
Limerick Mariner
April 8, 2022, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,751
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Football is a funny old game. I only saw the home game but I thought they had a game plan and almost executed it to perfection. Yes we had chances, but it took an absolute beauty of a cross in the last minute to get something from that game. They went 1-0 up and then kept their shape very well but I think our relatively poor results against our play-off rivals can work in our favour. I don't think we played badly against Halifax at home, I just thought Halifax were a very well drilled team but here is the team from that game below with probable replacements in brackets. The only substitute from that game still available for selection is Max Wright which makes our bench much stronger.

Crocombe
Efete (Cropper)
Waterfall
Pearson (Smith)
Crookes (Amos)
Maguire-Drew
Coke (Holohan)
Fox
Clifton
Esteves Sousa (McAtee)
Taylor

Substitutes
Longe-King (Pearson)
Revan (Crookes/Efete)
Wright (Scannell/Sousa)
Hunt (Jones)
Bell (Dieseruvwe/Abrahams)

Actually starting to not look that poor. We have parity with north / midlands big clubs so far with Stockport at home to come. With Wrexham, Notts and Chesterfield we are up on goal difference and in terms of the game time we've probably been on top for the bigger percentage.

The problem has been the London plumbers teams plus Solihull and Halifax. With Halifax we deserved parity on the play and maybe Solihull will be like Braintree last time; struggled against them but finally overpowered them with a bit of luck at the death in play-offs...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Remaing fixtures for the play-offs contenders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.