6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 2, 2022, 12:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
The only game at Wembley in the Women's Euros is the final on July 31.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Marinerdeano
April 3, 2022, 7:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
I was pretty certain the final was on the Sunday and could do with knowing. It seems strange that this is not fully confirmed yet. Is it likely to be the Sunday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Limerick Mariner
April 3, 2022, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

This is it exactly.

Why would the fa hold it elsewhere when they can make money and inconvenience supporters.

Only have to look at the debacle around the Man City/Liverpool fa cup semi final to realise that.

Quite possible, probable even on current form, that the southernmost team in the play-offs is Solihull. Even if Borehamwood or Bromley make the final they will have feck all fans at it. Where is the consideration of fuel cost, congestion cost and carbon cost of dragging midlands and northern fans down to London. Should have it at Villa Park or Elland Road, but they won't bcause they are cv^ts

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
lukeo
April 3, 2022, 8:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Quite possible, probable even on current form, that the southernmost team in the play-offs is Solihull. Even if Borehamwood or Bromley make the final they will have feck all fans at it. Where is the consideration of fuel cost, congestion cost and carbon cost of dragging midlands and northern fans down to London. Should have it at Villa Park or Elland Road, but they won't bcause they are cv^ts

Fuel cost? Congestion cost? Carbon cost? Why would they care about any of that, they're not going to the game... Oohhhh you mean the fans, you think they care what we think or go through? Nah. 💷 💷 💷 💷
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
oochiad
April 3, 2022, 8:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Well I’ll be annoyed, I booked my hotel a few weeks ago for the Sunday the final as stated on various sites including Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
aldi_01
April 3, 2022, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

To be fair, Wembley, old Trafford or even villa park, fuel cost will remain the same, congestion’s costs shouldn’t be incurred unless people have gone a very confusing way to Wembley.

I agree that potentially there could be intercourse all folk there but why shouldn’t we and our players get chance to play at Wembley?

Fans don’t matter to anyone that makes these decisions anyway…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
dapperz fun pub
April 3, 2022, 8:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from pizzzza

Not sure where you're looking but I'm pretty sure 14th May is FA Cup Final day so Wembley will of course not be available, besides we don't play our last game of the season until the day after.

The play off final will take place at Wembley on Sunday 5th June, no doubt about it. Pointless thread really.

the venue isn’t confirmed so hardly pointless is it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Davec
April 3, 2022, 9:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I notice Wembley stadium are no longer listing the final on their website.

I assume it will be Wembley but surely they need to confirm it sometime soon, we are just over 2 months away from the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Hagrid
April 3, 2022, 9:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Davec
I notice Wembley stadium are no longer listing the final on their website.

I assume it will be Wembley but surely they need to confirm it sometime soon, we are just over 2 months away from the game

This is the national league……. They dont do things correctly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
FishOutOfWater
April 4, 2022, 1:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Brazilnut

Not that I am in the know or anything ....but seeing we are hosting the womens Euros ......dont UEFA  have some sort of rule that a stadium cant be used for a certain time before tournaments etc .........cant put my finger on where i read this  but something is tinkling in back of my mind

I just read this as "The women might be playing and you can't put your finger on it".....  sounds a bit like a script for a Carry On film  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the play off final at Wembley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.