5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 17, 2022, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Garbage article on Max Crocombe today, questioning should he be number 1 going into next season, highlighting the errors he's made so far etc

Complete hatchet job, 12 games to go in the season. Mckeown replied to the article giving his thoughts and the cowardly gits have gone and removed the article from social media

that new reporter is shameful, clickbait crap and i hope the club refuse to engage with him going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
March 17, 2022, 9:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Sadly that is how far the dreadful Reach Organisation has dragged down the standard of Local Reporting,not just the GET,the Echo is lamentable compared to what it used to be.The old reporters would be turning in their graves to read the rubbish that passes as articles these days.Their circulation figures have plummeted so much that they refuse to publish them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Enough of us saw it and fair play to McKeown for calling it out. If I was Hurst I would be limiting the time I spend with him and what I tell him for a while.

The ultimate losers in stuff like this are us fans who get starved of information because of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
quebec38
March 17, 2022, 9:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I said it when he first turned up at Grimsby - came across a bit try-hard and divisive. He then really reigned it in I guess due to the reaction he was getting online. He’s now come back with this rubbish? I guess he’s listened to the pod on Sunday which was his inspiration for the article. Why else would you feel the need after a clean sheet at Yeovil?

FYI I love the podcast. However, the Crocombe opinion is plain wrong. He’s been much better than Macca this season,as much as we all love the guy.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
ska face
March 17, 2022, 9:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
I honestly don’t know why Hurst it the club give him the time of day. The bloke’s an absolute fùcking clown, typical straight-out-of-university bottom rung reporter with a high opinion of himself but no real insight or decent knowledge of the game. Certainly not at this level.

Andy Tillson was co-commentator on Saturday and said a few times that Crocombe looked solid. Think there’s been a few times where Crocombe has looked uneasy with balls right under his bar (wasn’t it really windy at Yeovil too?), but anything off his line he’s a million times more assured and confident than McKeown.

Still, I’ve read the article and other people might do the same on the back of me & others getting wound up, so Jackson’s done his job.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
He's reposted it now McKeown is on the training ground and unable to reply!

[url]https://twitter.com/grimsbytownlive/status/1504389581185060867?t=zgtr8wZuHB90za9r8oUR0Q&s=19[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Here is the original.

[url=https://postimg.cc/RWHm1zR5][img]https://i.postimg.cc/RWHm1zR5/Screenshot-20220317-093305.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimg.cc/4YVC7QfX][img]https://i.postimg.cc/DwY7NxR4/Screenshot-20220317-093324.png[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
Mayaman
March 17, 2022, 9:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from ska face
I honestly don’t know why Hurst it the club give him the time of day. The bloke’s an absolute fùcking clown, typical straight-out-of-university bottom rung reporter with a high opinion of himself but no real insight or decent knowledge of the game. Certainly not at this level.

Andy Tillson was co-commentator on Saturday and said a few times that Crocombe looked solid. Think there’s been a few times where Crocombe has looked uneasy with balls right under his bar (wasn’t it really windy at Yeovil too?), but anything off his line he’s a million times more assured and confident than McKeown.

Still, I’ve read the article and other people might do the same on the back of me & others getting wound up, so Jackson’s done his job.

A star for the first paragraph.  Yep, straight out of uni, but didn't learn to write a coherent headline.  Instead, he crams his unwatched video into every article, sporting his smug mug.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
GollyGTFC
March 17, 2022, 10:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,063
Gold Stars: 359
That is the new way with online news. A catchy/clickbait headline that doesn’t actually give away the details so that click on the link and are taken to the webpage full of adverts.

We can moan as much as we like, but physical newspapers are dying and monetising online content is crucial to local newspapers being viable and continuing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 41
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
That is the new way with online news. A catchy/clickbait headline that doesn’t actually give away the details so that click on the link and are taken to the webpage full of adverts.

We can moan as much as we like, but physical newspapers are dying and monetising online content is crucial to local newspapers being viable and continuing.

I get that but maybe he should spend time searching for what our former players have been getting up to since leaving here rather than trolling the club and deleting it (and reposting it 2 hours later with a different hook) because a player who has played 400 games for the club called him out on it.

A friend who works for another paper told me articles about former players get the most hits because they often get shared by fans of other clubs too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Pathetic Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.