Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 250 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 9,009 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
March 12, 2022, 5:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Back home in Taunton.
Strange game and non atmosphere. Very quiet from both sets of fans. Felt we handled playing against the wind well first half, 1-0 up at half time, could have been 3. Thought we'd come out and really go at them second half with the wind behind us but instead we just played safe. Although they had alot more possession than us second half it felt like we was in control. Midfield and front 3 did ok. Scanns goal was brilliant but apart from that and one nutmeg infront of us in the away end he was fairly quiet. I'd like to see him and Sousa either side of Taylor with Mcatee behind.
2 cbs dominated all game, Waterfall especially. I think it was him did the fantastic goal line clearance near the end? He was my MOTM.
Fans were fairly quiet really but I guess its a long trip with intercourse all to do in and around Yeovil plus 2 away games either side.

3 points.
NO fresh injuries we assume.
Into the play offs.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
March 12, 2022, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from lukeo
Back home in Taunton.
Strange game and non atmosphere. Very quiet from both sets of fans. Felt we handled playing against the wind well first half, 1-0 up at half time, could have been 3. Thought we'd come out and really go at them second half with the wind behind us but instead we just played safe. Although they had alot more possession than us second half it felt like we was in control. Midfield and front 3 did ok. Scanns goal was brilliant but apart from that and one nutmeg infront of us in the away end he was fairly quiet. I'd like to see him and Sousa either side of Taylor with Mcatee behind.
2 cbs dominated all game, Waterfall especially. I think it was him did the fantastic goal line clearance near the end? He was my MOTM.
Fans were fairly quiet really but I guess its a long trip with intercourse all to do in and around Yeovil plus 2 away games either side.

3 points.
NO fresh injuries we assume.
Into the play offs.
UTM

Thanks for that, ill health still stops me from traveling to away games, sounded like we could have had a couple more as well as last ditch defending.👍
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
out of town
March 12, 2022, 6:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
The commentators said Scannell was brilliant, it certainly sounded like he was involved in a lot of our attacking play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
Hagrid
March 12, 2022, 6:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from out of town
The commentators said Scannell was brilliant, it certainly sounded like he was involved in a lot of our attacking play

Indeed they did
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
lukeo
March 12, 2022, 6:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
There's definitely something there with him once he gets more games... fairly similar in the way Sousa plays but reckon he can and will offer more, especially strength.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
TheRealJohnLewis
March 12, 2022, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I thought Scannell was brilliant and would have been joint MoM along with Waterfall.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
Wiley2405
March 12, 2022, 6:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Scannell has played a good level of football pretty much throughout his career and is only 31 so shouldn’t have lost much of his ability to be a very good player for us in the national league. Hopefully this is the start of a good run of games for us and he can be a real asset for the remainder of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
MuddyWaters
March 12, 2022, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from out of town

If all he does is give us some end product, it’ll be more than Sousa has done in the last few weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
pontoonlew
March 12, 2022, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Scannell has had pelters on here purely because he’s been injured, not his fault and I’m pleased to see he’s put in a good performance but not surprised. He’s rarely put in a bad performance for us, contrary to popular belief
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
dapperz fun pub
March 12, 2022, 8:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Is scannell  the the missing piece of the jigsaw ?hes played at a much better level we know that ,,, I’m hoping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.