Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abrahams & Clifton ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 249 Guests

Abrahams & Clifton ?

This thread currently has 1,587 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
acko338
March 8, 2022, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Abrahams has often played wide on the left even though he would probably prefer the main striker role.

Would moving Clifton back into a central midfield role weaken the formation if Abrahams went as a pure left winger?

Abrahams also appears to be a very good lost cause ball chaser as was proven for his pass to set up the winner on Saturday with several posters saying he was worth MOM.

Would Clifton dropping to midfield give either Burgess or Jones a green light to be the fully attacking midfielder? Certainly that would be more mobile than Coke in there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Garth
March 8, 2022, 2:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Too many unecessary changes from a settled team imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
diehardmariner
March 8, 2022, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,717
Gold Stars: 543
Abrahams looked lost when he played on the wing after signing.  Saturday was the first time I've seen him a central role and he looked a completely different player.  As much as Clifton's a bit of a square peg in a round hole on the left, Abrahams is even more  so.

I'd like to see Clifton in central midfield, but only if there's someone who can do a decent job on the left, which Saturday aside, Clifton has done very well for most of the season so far.

Both Burgess and Jones look like they want to sit deep and dictate play, so I'd imagine it would be Clifton as the one who pushes on a bit.  That would suit his energy more too I'd have thought.  McAtee is going to drift about and with that he'll create space and openings for others, a midfielder who's prepared to run beyond the front man would have a field day.   Oh for a John Cockerill/Shaun Cunnington.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
fishboyUTM
March 8, 2022, 7:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
We've had too many changes as far as I'm concerned this season. BUT Charles Vernam is apparently available for loan. There's the left forward in the three. Harry Clifton is nothing but an emergency left winger, and I mean emergency. He's a good central midfielder, play him in his position.

Get Vernam signed and we can fly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Abrahams & Clifton ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.