Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southend on Friday night
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Southend on Friday night

This thread currently has 37,286 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Ashby mariner
February 18, 2022, 6:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
I've just got in from cycling round the wolds.  Yes it's windy but I'm sure everything get blown out of proportion in this country compared to other parts of the world where they really do get adverse weather conditions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 251
aldi_01
February 18, 2022, 6:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
No fornicator makes anyone go…did I moan when Plymouth got called off the other year as I pulled in to the car park? No, I realised the stand was bollocksed and just realised that sadly the club didn’t have a choice…

Some whiny illegitimates about…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 251
Rooshallbloke
February 18, 2022, 6:38pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +45
Quoted from dicko995
Im fking fuming at the moment. Weve turned around near Bedford on A1, why couldnt Southend see sense and cancel the game much earlier.. Im more peed off with myself for making the journey, or trying to, but what price do u put on supporting your Club. Blowing really hard here, so i should of known Roots hall ground would of succumbed to the weather, a lesson learnt, shame they couldnt of re-arranged the game for saturday, would of got hotel, but hey ho.

The roof of the West Stand didn't become seriously damaged until this afternoon and, at that point it was obvious that the game couldn't take place without endangering supporters. Until that point the Stands were intact and the pitch perfectly playable. I get that it's really disappointing, especially when supporters have already travelled, I've had it happen to me many times, including aways at Grimsby, it's the lot of fans at times. but it's better to safe rather than sorry after the event. Tickets will be valid for the re-arranged game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 251
Poojah
February 18, 2022, 6:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from Ashby mariner
I've just got in from cycling round the wolds.  Yes it's windy but I'm sure everything get blown out of proportion in this country compared to other parts of the world where they really do get adverse weather conditions.

In fairness, Roots Hall has had sheets of its roof torn off by the wind. Daylight where there shouldn’t be. Have a look at the state of the O2 Arena when you get a moment. I think the north has escaped the worst of this one, but it’s been pretty rough down south.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCNick/status/1494716751925456897

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 251
GrimPol
February 18, 2022, 6:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Some Yellow cards need flashing before the Red one appears.

Safe journey back B&W Army.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 251
LH
February 18, 2022, 6:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177

Weather can be different in different parts of the world eh? Interesting…
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 251
BottesfordMariner
February 18, 2022, 7:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Well that was the most flipping predictable outcome FFS.

This sort of thing continues to go on and it's about time it stopped. No thought for fans. About time those in control realised you don't keep mugging off those who keep their business going.

Without fans there is no professional game. It becomes a Sunday  League kickabout.

I get trying to get games on. But that part of the country is in red weather warning area. They aren't that common in this country. Potential loss of life.

Govt advice not to make unnecessary travel. Large parts of public transport shut down. Traffic chaos and widespread disruption.

The game had been in doubt for a few days. The forecast was known. At no point do i believe the chances of getting the game on were anywhere near even 50/50.

It's not like they would have been confident then a late change to the weather buggered things up. All this was flipping predicted.

No don't give a f**k about fans. Game should have been called off yesterday at the latest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 251
HerveJosse
February 18, 2022, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Rotherham V Wigan still going ahead of desperate to go to a game tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 251
bawarmy
February 18, 2022, 7:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33

My garage has just been blown out of proportion. I’d say it’s pretty adverse conditions out there but I daren’t start an argument with someone who has been cycling in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 251
supertown
February 18, 2022, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53

Tell that to the family of the three (so far) that have died
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 251
26 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southend on Friday night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.