3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 13, 2022, 6:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
I think you'll find I created a perfectly good one many years ago but I can't remember who it was about! It was a black striker and it was a song about his tackle.
Yes I was very immature back then but yet it caught on in the Pontoon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Fette Schlange
February 13, 2022, 7:10am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from lukeo
I think you'll find I created a perfectly good one many years ago but I can't remember who it was about! It was a black striker and it was a song about his tackle.
Yes I was very immature back then but yet it caught on in the Pontoon

Serge Makofo?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
Hagrid
February 13, 2022, 7:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
Adriaan forbes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
aldi_01
February 13, 2022, 7:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Terry Fleming…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Les Brechin
February 13, 2022, 8:30am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face

Think that was pontoonlew. Anyway, the only decent tune for McAtee is Love in the First Degree by Bananrama and that’s it settled.

I did mention it but that was a long time before it took off. It did finally take off though when it was mentioned a few months later.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
lukeo
February 13, 2022, 9:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Hagrid
Adriaan forbes

That's the one. I just remember him on the sideline alot running up and down toward the Pontoon loving his song.
Not the kind of song I'd sing these days. Thanks for the red crosses 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Croxton
February 13, 2022, 10:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35

Remember 'I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K!' ?

He plays footy for the Grimsby team
His name is John and his game is mean
He'll chase you down and it's good to see
Oh Johnny Johnny Johnny McAtee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Cod marriner
February 13, 2022, 10:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +113
Gold Stars: 1
Atmosphere at home is shocking these days especially even in the pontoon, it’s embarrassing Hate to be negative but am sure many feel the same.
I know away games it’s always generally better but it’s like a library most games, the group in that far corner in the pontoon really do try get things going but it’s quickly escaped through that open end which is a shame, it’s been mentioned many times but is there a reason why that side hasn’t been closed off to help with the acoustics?
Hand full of kingslyn fans made more noise than the pontoon put together the other night simply because that stand is more closed off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
RonMariner
February 13, 2022, 11:57am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,864
Gold Stars: 231
I advise the budding songsters on this thread not to give up the day job....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Poojah
February 13, 2022, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,885
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Cod marriner
Atmosphere at home is shocking these days especially even in the pontoon, it’s embarrassing Hate to be negative but am sure many feel the same.
I know away games it’s always generally better but it’s like a library most games, the group in that far corner in the pontoon really do try get things going but it’s quickly escaped through that open end which is a shame, it’s been mentioned many times but is there a reason why that side hasn’t been closed off to help with the acoustics?
Hand full of kingslyn fans made more noise than the pontoon put together the other night simply because that stand is more closed off.

This was an English 5th tier game between mid-table Grimsby and struggling Aldershot, in cold, wet and windy conditions, attended by a respectable 5,177 sounds. What exactly where you expecting?

A stirring pre-match rendition of Nessun Dorma, performed by a reanimated Luciano Pavarotti? Players arriving on the pitch in the style of a heavyweight world title fight ring walk, accompanied by an entourage of attractive young ladies with great big títs? A sea of pyrotechnics lighting up the sky like an atomic bomb?

Perhaps the Pontoon should have been positively alight with colourful flares and smoke? Burning effigies of John Fenty, hanging from the Findus Stand roof? The Main Stand literally swaying with thousands of geriatric fans doing the poznan for 90 minutes? BP a bubbling cauldron of noise that La Bombonera could only ever dream of?

A few coins and lukewarm bottles of píss thrown at the 100 or so Aldershot fans, with a gaggle of freshly post-pubescent youths in crisp, new CP Company jackets gesturing aggressively? “You’re going home in a Grimsby ambulance” (although I’ve always wondered why an ambulance would take you straight back to your house).

Maybe Janet Jackson getting her baps out in the midst of a half-time extravaganza wardrobe malfunction, as a breathtaking acrobatic aerial display from the Red Arrows takes place in the skies above? Cliff Richard performing an impromptu rendition of “We’re singing in the rain”?.

Personally, I’m impressed with how well attendances have held up in recent weeks, and there have been some decent home atmospheres this season, Wrexham the obvious pick of the bunch. If we’re in with a decent sniff of the play-offs, we’re playing reasonably well (and winning), we’ll soon see a return of 6k + crowds and decent atmospheres to boot.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.