aldi_01
February 9, 2022, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

I think you'll find he was anything but a yes man.

Contributed less than that? Jeez…and we wonder why the club has been on life support…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
forza ivano
February 9, 2022, 10:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

I think you'll find he was anything but a yes man.

With your superior inside knowledge pen, perhaps you could illuminate us as what he did actually do in those 19 years? Coz 3 pages in we still haven't heard anything positive

Ps the invisible mr chapman obviously has 2 friends on here, given that most critical posts have got 2 red crosses!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
pen penfras
February 9, 2022, 10:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from forza ivano

With your superior inside knowledge pen, perhaps you could illuminate us as what he did actually do in those 19 years? Coz 3 pages in we still haven't heard anything positive

Ps the invisible mr chapman obviously has 2 friends on here, given that most critical posts have got 2 red crosses!

I don't know what he did, but I do know that he had his own opinion and it often wasn't in line with Fenty. Don't think he turned up to many board meetings in the later years, so he probably had little influence on anything for a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
MuddyWaters
February 9, 2022, 11:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano

Seems to me that Mr/Mrs Penfras has to be very careful not to incriminate themselves with their replies!  
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
aldi_01
February 9, 2022, 12:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't know what he did, but I do know that he had his own opinion and it often wasn't in line with Fenty. Don't think he turned up to many board meetings in the later years, so he probably had little influence on anything for a while.

So literally served zero purpose…challenged Fenty so much he didn’t turn up. Not come out, publicly and resign highlighting what many of us knew but instead, sat on the board and did nothing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
forza ivano
February 9, 2022, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
as someone else said i think the brevity of the announcement, after 19 years on the Board, speaks volumes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
GrimRob
February 9, 2022, 8:22pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,454
Gold Stars: 115
non-runner, move on

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 36
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2022, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob
non-runner, move on

Winner…… something he avoided like board meetings evidently.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
ex-merseymariner
February 9, 2022, 8:44pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I heard a while back that he loaned the club £50k years ago and that's why he stayed on the board because if he left, he wasn't entitled to it back in a hurry due to the rules that the club changed having got burned by Ramsden I think it was.

Looks like that got paid when 1878 rolled in as the Directors loans were £1,550,000 in 2020, nil in 2021 with £1,500,000 being owed to Fenty.

Either way, I don't actually know what he did or brought to the table.

Interesting that not one of those knowledgeable posters have commented or corrected this.

In the last couple of decades, most board members have been visible in some way, even if for a dispute with our former principal funder, or an infamous incident at a fans forum, or for winning money, investing  and ending up at Alfreton.   But this guy, wow, I have no idea who he is. I mean I heard he is involved in horses but to my knowledge I've never met him.  No proper explanation as to why he was involved.

I would have rather have had 19 fans on the board for a year each instead than him for 19 years.

If it say getyourfactsright three times does he emerge and explain all?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
grimsby pete
February 11, 2022, 2:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
There was another sentence on the original report.

Michael will be sadly missed by all board members as he made a lovely cup of tea when he did attend.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael chapman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.