Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 296 Guests

Just back!

This thread currently has 12,929 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
February 5, 2022, 8:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face
Was absolutely píssed out my box for most of the match so can’t offer anything on the playing side. Great day out and nice to have a chat with pontoonlew & Son of Cod, two good lads. That’s what Saturdays are about.

I can't believe mine and Lew's paths have never actually crossed in real life, mad considering we've know each other online since about 2005 or something! Hahaha not surprised you were smashed, were you on the port? But yeah was great to bump into you too mate.

Second half was class, thought we fully deserved it and the massive following fully piped up and got behind the team. Absolute limbs ahoy when that second went it. Great away day.

Thought Fox and Raikhy bossed it in the second half but the intensity and energy of all the outfield players was spot on. Notts were pinned back and our lads just kept on going. Heads didn't drop and I'm delighted that they got what they deserved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
Gilbertswand
February 5, 2022, 8:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
As an exile only my second match this season but great day out catching up with mates on the train and a great atmosphere in the ground from our fans. Didn't hear the Notts fans all game.

Agree with comments on here that apart from the first 20 we dominated and second half seemed to have a free for all down the right hand side.  Thought Taylor and Mcatee played well. Soft pen but a great end to the game. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
fishcake63
February 5, 2022, 8:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Brilliant day , agreed after first 20 we was dominant for most of the other 70 , last minute winners in away end SCENES that make it all worthwhile , thought fox & rhaiky dominated midfield 2nd half hope fox injury not too serious , mcatee busy taylor good second half , times i'v moaned about us not getting on end of waterfalls knockdowns then we do that fantastic , if we can now hit top gear who knows we could yet gatecrash the play offs utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
jamesgtfc
February 5, 2022, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,042
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mrbump53
Thought after we equalised we sat back too much and when they had all their men including the goal keeper around our penalty box why didn't we stick someone up on the halfway line so they could have collected any clearance and have the whole opposition half to themselves.

This drove me insane last week against Wealdstone and gave them another opportunity to pump the ball into our box.

I wasn't there today but it sounded like we could have been 2 or 3 goals down before we started to get on top late in the first half. Certainly felt like it was going to be one of those afternoons again when Taylor missed the penalty.

I took in King's Lynn v Weymouth. King's Lynn, managed by Tommy Widdrington and featuring his son Theo in the middle, won 3-0 against a very poor Weymouth who should have had a man sent off in the first minute. They like to launch it into the corners and play in the final third. They play very little football in the first two thirds of the pitch. Widdrington is a bit hot headed on the touchline too so I'm sure the Main Stand will be on his back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
Mariner_501
February 5, 2022, 9:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Never thought I’d be this person but some absolute tools follow us. Many 25+ years old too. Fighting rival fans who want to fight you back, each to their own. Terrorising random people or own fans. Bang out.

What a win though, have to make the most of this and pick up at least 9 from the next 12
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
Limerick Mariner
February 5, 2022, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Most dominant I've seen a Town side against a supposed decent opposition for ages. Would have been travesty if we'd got nothing out of the game.

Not sure how you improve that second-half team (other than the penalty-taking bit from first half) with a sensible budget for this level.
If you sign a poacher. which seems to be what we need for the first choice XI, you lose Taylor's link-up play which is good. A bit of a conundrum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
Hagrid
February 5, 2022, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Mariner_501
Never thought I’d be this person but some absolute tools follow us. Many 25+ years old too. Fighting rival fans who want to fight you back, each to their own. Terrorising random people or own fans. Bang out.

What a win though, have to make the most of this and pick up at least 9 from the next 12

I do agree with you on that front

Some idiot let off a smoke bomb on the concourse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
ska face
February 5, 2022, 9:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
TAGG
February 5, 2022, 9:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
barralad
February 5, 2022, 9:43pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
The first half mirrored a good few of the away games in this poor run. Town generally doing OK but showing defensive frailty in allowing their lad to run fully fifty yards unchallenged before firing a shot past a static Crocombe.
When Taylors penalty was (very well) saved and Clifton's brilliant effort cannoned off the underside of the bar you had to wonder whether luck had deserted us permanently rather than gone on a long holiday.
Agree with those who said we didn't deserve to be behind at HT but all too familiarily we were.
No idea what Hurst said at half time but nothing could have prepared me for what was to come. From the first minute Town produced a high pressing game which took us back to those games earlier in the season when our attacking was relentless. The equaliser was on the cards and a due reward for Taylor who ran himself into the ground for the team. It takes some bolox at any level to not let a penalty miss affect your game but given the teams current circumstances and the pressure of expectation his performance was outstanding. Hurst has had plenty of criticism over his use of substitutes but the arrival of Fox for the second half contributed massively to the upturn in Town's fortunes-not only for his own performance-before Lady Luck took the p1ss- but it seemed to further galvanise the Villa lad. Hope his injury isn't too bad.
County did come back into it after the equaliser but we just wanted it more.
The six minutes time added was pure football theatre. I haven't heard noise like that which greeted the winner since Wembley in 2016. Make no mistake these players are together. Then we were treated to (a late sub) an Abrahams inspired class in how to run down the clock-all the while urged on by 2500 who made sure the team knew they were there.
It's very early days yet but Amos and Raikhy look the part-particularly the latter who today was always looking to attack. Some of the football in the second half was as good as anything this season.
Onwards to Tuesday..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.