Meza
February 3, 2022, 5:07pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
I find it really odd that some fans are so adamant that they want to see everything the new owners have done or are doing, like as if they are the main stake holder / owner and must be in the know.  Did you demand the same from JF?  

Stop trying to poke the new owners with the sh*t stick on anything they do, its getting really boring now.  

Just accept we are in a better place and would never go under, JF didnt give a crap about GTFC (depsite his claims) anyone who puts in 30K to takes away 1.5 Mill is not looking at GTFC interest but his own.

Just let the new owners get on with it.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
HerveJosse
February 3, 2022, 5:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,211
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Jason said “Andrew and I intend to continue to invest in the infrastructure and playing side of the Club and since the financial year end 1878 Partners has invested a further £1.125m into the business to support these initiatives."

They haven't said that they've spent £1.125m on infrastructure. A good Head Chef supports the playing side of the business, as does an analyst. The pitches are infrastructure and an extra person in that department means that the playing side of the business can train and play on surfaces that are as good as they can be.

Given most of our recruitment has come from the EFL, I imagine a fair chunk of that £1.125m is plugging the funding gap from relegation.

Next time the board invite questions, take the opportunity to ask them. All they ask is that you have the common decency to use your real name and not hide behind a username.

Nor did they say they have spent £1.125m on infrastructure and the playing side they said they invested this amount into the business to support these initiatives (post 31 May 21.)Words are chosen carefully in press releases like this,
less so in interviews.
Post 31 May 21 a number of minority shareholders have been bought taken the total amount spent on shares to £1.5 m (well beyond the £975k held by Fenty) and a £500k loan instalment will have been paid to Fenty.
Do you think if they had funded these amounts on top of the amounts mentioned here they would not have mentioned that  additional investment instead choosing to understate what they have spent so far ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
Swansea_Mariner
February 3, 2022, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,477
Gold Stars: 63
IIt would be reasonable to assume Herve, that that 1.125m figure does include the first 500k tranche payment to JSF. As you point out why would that specifically be excluded.

Not that it matters really, it needed paying and therefore counts as investment to date.

That still leaves a fairly big chunk of change spent on funding various new roles, a range of ground and training ground improvements and other activities related to the business e.g. the new website.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
HerveJosse
February 3, 2022, 6:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,211
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
IIt would be reasonable to assume Herve, that that 1.125m figure does include the first 500k tranche payment to JSF. As you point out why would that specifically be excluded.

Not that it matters really, it needed paying and therefore counts as investment to date.

That still leaves a fairly big chunk of change spent on funding various new roles, a range of ground and training ground improvements and other activities related to the business e.g. the new website.

Agreed it only matters me because when people say they want to be transparent then they should be not use carefully worded tortology to imply something else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2022, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse

Nor did they say they have spent £1.125m on infrastructure and the playing side they said they invested this amount into the business to support these initiatives (post 31 May 21.)Words are chosen carefully in press releases like this,
less so in interviews.
Post 31 May 21 a number of minority shareholders have been bought taken the total amount spent on shares to £1.5 m (well beyond the £975k held by Fenty) and a £500k loan instalment will have been paid to Fenty.
Do you think if they had funded these amounts on top of the amounts mentioned here they would not have mentioned that  additional investment instead choosing to understate what they have spent so far ?

I agree that statements have the opportunity to be scrutinised before release which is an opportunity not afforded to conversations. We don't need to drill down every statement etc but I do think a lot of people think £1m goes a lot further than it actually does. If attendances hold up, the variance has essentially paid the loan repayment.

Anyway, they've put money into the club and invested in some things it was desperate for and a couple of nice to haves. It will be interesting to see what improvements we make this summer and what plans get submitted for the new training ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
mimma
February 3, 2022, 7:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Remember that these accounts relate to last year, most of which was still under Fenty's stewardship. Any money that has been spent/raised this year will show up in next years accounts. So, we will have a better idea of what the new regime are spending and where then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
arryarryarry
February 3, 2022, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from jamesgtfc

First of all, £1.125m is actually circa £1.1m as it's £75k shy of £1.2m.

Due to your mate failing to learn lessons from 2009 and 2010, we find ourselves back in a league which reduces our funding. I know we get help this season, a fair bit less next season and then it disappears in 2024 if we are still here but funding has still been cut. Despite that, I would hazard that our wage bill will show an increase in the next set of accounts for a number of reasons:
  • Most of our players have been recruited from the EFL.
  • Debbie Cook came in as CEO with Ian Fleming sidestepping into the newly created role of COO and then being replaced by Adam Smith.
  • The recruitment of an Analyst, Head Chef, Head Groundsperson (with the existing one being retained as part of the groundstaff) and I'm sure there are more new/additional positions too.

The club entered into a partnership with a company to help the analyst, Cheapside has had a significant facelift and a new Portakabin was purchased to house additional equipment. A fair bit of work has gone into improving BP. The cynics suggest that the £1.125m includes the £500k paid to Fenty but I'm not so sure that is the case myself. Yes £1.125m can go a long way but good quality stuff comes at a price too.

Why does the analyst need help, I thought he should know what he is doing as he came from a Championship club.

Considering our recent run either or both need sacking as they don't appear to be helping much.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
arryarryarry
February 3, 2022, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from mimma
Dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. They just can't win can they? Some on here want to check all the receipts FFS. If you go to the pub you don't ask to see the accounts before you buy a pint. Just let them get on with it, if you don't want to support them, then fine, it's your prerogative. Just stop trying to be clever and stop telling us all what we should be doing.

If my pint tasted like urine I would tell them that they are doing a crap job.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2022, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,054
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

Why does the analyst need help, I thought he should know what he is doing as he came from a Championship club.

Considering our recent run either or both need sacking as they don't appear to be helping much.

You do know there is more to being an analyst than sitting in the stand and watching the game right?

He uses software to produce specific clips for individual players and team meetings. Not only is he analysing our performances, he's analysing the opposition and on a Saturday afternoon he can't be at 2 grounds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
chaos33
February 3, 2022, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from arryarryarry

Ah, if only the actual real world were as simple and binary as you perceive it to be.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Article from Tellywag

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.