Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,214 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 15, 2022, 6:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from wekeepdreaming

You obviously watch different football to me

Doubt it. Different interpretations of where we are right now maybe.

We are rebuilding and today we looked to have 2 more decent players to add to the mix and a third ready to give it a go.

We'll see how the season pans out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
HerveJosse
January 15, 2022, 6:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Difficult to judge progress today against such a poor side.
One excellent and one brilliant goals took the pressure off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
jamesgtfc
January 15, 2022, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
You can only play the game in front of you and I was nervous about today, especially when the team was announced. Bold call by Hurst to throw Smith in at the deep end in an unfamiliar position but I thought played very well. I did worry early doors that 2 debuts in our back 4 was going to be disastrous as Altrincham seemingly got past our defence and into the box with ease 3 times in the first 7 minutes.

As the first half wore on and we became a bit more patient, the signs were there that we would be victorious today. If it wasn't for a great save that their keeper knew nothing about we would have been 1-0 up at half-time but I think our start to the second half surprised Altrincham and what a goal by McAtee who just seemed to lurk outside the area and got himself into the right place to smash home the attempted clearance.

McAtee and Maguire-Drew both have a lot of class and McAtee closing down their keeper which forced an error created that perfectly placed second. I really like Maguire-Drew, whilst he prefers to use his left, he's pretty handy with his right.

Taylor put in a very good shift today but the 3 players behind him really got at Altrincham in the second half. It was great to see the shackles come off at 1-0 and us play with confidence again. How did McAtee get taken down by two players and still manage to get up, run with the ball and get a shot away?

Pitch invader; what a plonker and probably the worst one I've ever seen. Had his moment on the BP pitch and didn't know what to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
Maringer
January 15, 2022, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I actually thought that McAtee looked a bit rusty for most of the game and was far from his best. If he can score goals like that, I'll allow him the odd off day! Hopefully he didn't hurt himself too much when he stretched and trod on the ball. He seemed a little laboured near the end before he went off. Have to say, JMD was pretty poor in the first half but improved a lot in the second and that was a great finish from him.

The two full-backs did really well considering they've been thrown in at the deep end and are probably still learning the names of their new teammates. Burgess didn't get much chance to show what he's about. Another nice cameo from Wright as well. Not sure if he might prove to be more useful coming off the bench after Sousa has tired out their defenders.

It certainly feels good to get a win under the belt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
ginnywings
January 15, 2022, 6:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HerveJosse
Difficult to judge progress today against such a poor side.
One excellent and one brilliant goals took the pressure off

We were better last week against the league leaders but didn't get the goals we probably deserved.

Was a patchy performance today, which is understandable given their penchant for theatrics and the bizarre ref who seemed to be making it up as he went along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
jaygy
January 15, 2022, 6:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
3 points, 2 stunning goals and a clean sheet. A Saturday night not spoilt again. Let's just enjoy that and forget the last couple of months for a night at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
male private Nale
January 15, 2022, 6:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -923
Gold Stars: 136
Mcatee is the son of god

Amen to that Brother 🙏🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
Hagrid
January 15, 2022, 6:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,519
Gold Stars: 544
Playing against a side who had no intention of attacking and looked to disrupt continuously. They were very poor

We controlled the game and deserved 3 points.

Coke my MOM. Thought he was excellent today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
oochiad
January 15, 2022, 6:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Great to win again. The new lads fitted in very well and are attack minded. Unfair to say Sousa can’t cross the ball when he placed a perfect cross on Fox’s head for him to inexplicably put it over from 5yrds……Sousa I thought had a cracking game and kept them on the back foot on so many occasions. Mcatee sublime and everyone put in a great shift. Special mention for Pearson, so pleased he came back. Like the Halifax home game he again made some excellent forward runs, just brilliant. All in all a great afternoon and my drive back to Yorkshire will be a happy one. UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 15, 2022, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Pitch invader; what a plonker and probably the worst one I've ever seen. Had his moment on the BP pitch and didn't know what to do.

Probably would’ve got a 3 year contract and game time last season

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.