Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

New website and badge

This thread currently has 26,679 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
January 8, 2022, 5:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 184
People need to start displaying a bit of respect and empathy here. This is a Town fan who spotted a problem and used his professional expertise and own time to try to fix it.

The club communicated the work he had done and the reasons clumsily. Next thing people are slating his work and knocking out their own 'superior' versions online. Unfortunately these people hadn't done anything previously to fix this problem they were probably completely unaware of as I was.

So now after all of his work we have an online poll to decide if he's completely wasted his time and a lot of people seem completely unsympathetic to why he might be feeling a bit touchy and his efforts a little unappreciated. Next time we need this type of work doing I'd guess we'll be paying for it.

Disliking what he's done is fine as is being critical of the clubs handling of it but some people really need to take a breath and think a bit longer before leaping in and criticising the work and efforts of others. If i was a talented Town fan who was considering using my abilities to contribute I would be reaching the conclusion it would be better not to bother. Is that what people want? Fortunately I'm completely talentless so no big loss but let's hope others with some expertise don't reach the same conclusion.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 267
quebec38
January 8, 2022, 5:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Wow, I’ve tried to remain unmoved by this whole mess but it just gets worse doesn’t it?

The club now saying the old badge will be given the same treatment if that wins the vote, but Rich Lyons seemingly doesn’t know anything about this and won’t be doing it. That is the reason why there were no more alternatives than his work or the old badge. I.e no redesign minus the 1878.

This is RL’s design so I guess the club can’t take a bastardised version (minus 187 if the original wins. I think the vote needs pulling now and just carrying on with the old badge to avoid things getting any worse.

Big fan of the new owners but this has been a bad own goal by all concerned.
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 267
Meza
January 8, 2022, 5:39pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
How have they got this wrong, by assuming it'll be ok with the fans, especially a change that automatically put your current kit useless.  This should have been done at the end of the season and made the current one ready for digital.

I prefer the old one to the new, but appreciate someone has done this in their own time.  Tbh i actually prefer the badge to have the red outline.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 267
Rodley Mariner
January 8, 2022, 5:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
The old badge isn't fit for purpose in 2022. That's why the lad tried to fix it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 267
Rodley Mariner
January 8, 2022, 5:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
How does it make the current kit useless? We are still going to play in it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 267
jamesgtfc
January 8, 2022, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,081
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Meza
How have they got this wrong, by assuming it'll be ok with the fans, especially a change that automatically put your current kit useless.  This should have been done at the end of the season and made the current one ready for digital.

I prefer the old one to the new, but appreciate someone has done this in their own time.  Tbh i actually prefer the badge to have the red outline.

I'm not sure where the decision making is coming from here but football fans are far more vocal and passionate with their opinions than stakeholders of the YMCA, a dating site or insurance company and hopefully, they are all learning a lot from how this has been handled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 267
Meza
January 8, 2022, 5:50pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm not sure where the decision making is coming from here but football fans are far more vocal and passionate with their opinions than stakeholders of the YMCA, a dating site or insurance company and hopefully, they are all learning a lot from how this has been handled.

I'm more than happy with the new owners and they are making (or trying to) changes due to 20 years of neglect.  Just a shame but im sure they will learn from it.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 267
Davec
January 8, 2022, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Gosh this is almost as so we have Fenty back isn't it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 267
Kris2
January 8, 2022, 6:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
People need to start displaying a bit of respect and empathy here. This is a Town fan who spotted a problem and used his professional expertise and own time to try to fix it.

The club communicated the work he had done and the reasons clumsily. Next thing people are slating his work and knocking out their own 'superior' versions online. Unfortunately these people hadn't done anything previously to fix this problem they were probably completely unaware of as I was.

So now after all of his work we have an online poll to decide if he's completely wasted his time and a lot of people seem completely unsympathetic to why he might be feeling a bit touchy and his efforts a little unappreciated. Next time we need this type of work doing I'd guess we'll be paying for it.

Disliking what he's done is fine as is being critical of the clubs handling of it but some people really need to take a breath and think a bit longer before leaping in and criticising the work and efforts of others. If i was a talented Town fan who was considering using my abilities to contribute I would be reaching the conclusion it would be better not to bother. Is that what people want? Fortunately I'm completely talentless so no big loss but let's hope others with some expertise don't reach the same conclusion.

People don't give a excrement about his time and effort, all they care about is something was made different and now they are mad about it.
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 267
Plankton
January 8, 2022, 6:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Animosity and being awkward are uncalled for and it helps no one, especially the club.

I do understand where you are coming from, we certainly have many talented people who are fans of the club. The issue is you cannot 'outsource' an exercise in rebranding, it just doesn't work like that and I'm very surprised that the new owners have entertained this concept. Expertise is a bought and paid for gig, it's a transactional process in which the designer works to a brief given to them and it's on those delivering the brief to ensure it's met. It seems in this scenario this person has decided to recreate the club badge which is absolutely fine, the issue is the assumption that the target audience would be receptive, which falls upon those who made the decision to go ahead without consultation.

We should absolutely be paying for this type of work, it's madness to not enter into a professional relationship in regards to design work. The club's marketing department should have complete ownership of the communication of this, with consultation from the trust and that seems to have not happened, it's amateur and small organisations or poorly run ones operate in this way.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 267
27 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › New website and badge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.