11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
December 18, 2021, 11:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,714
Gold Stars: 96
Did I miss the NHS being overwhelmed during the first couple of waves when no one was jabbed or boosted ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 106
Squinter
December 18, 2021, 11:18am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Did I miss the NHS being overwhelmed during the first couple of waves when no one was jabbed or boosted ?

No, but we had to have a full national lockdown...... idiot

I would love you to make that comment to a nurse who had just finished a 12 hours shift at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 106
cmackenzie4
December 18, 2021, 11:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Covid is the type of thing that until you get it it's all a load of bollox.

Well i first hand got it in June, had my first jab 5 days before i was positive and let me tell you it was one of the worst things I've ever experienced, day 9 10 and 11 were pure hell.

I remember sat in the back of an ambulance thinking im only 39 and I genuinely was going to die.

Took me months to recover properly and having my booster on Sunday and i can't wait.

Well done Johnny and glad you’ve recovered, I’ve seen first hand what Covid can do as my wife, son and daughter contracted it In July, my wife still hasn’t fully recovered yet.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 106
Mariner_501
December 18, 2021, 1:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It’s easy isn’t it? Get vaccinated and reduce the chance of catching something that’s easy to catch & can quite easily kill you?

Why wouldn’t you? F*ck principles as “frankie says choose life” for those who where around in the early 80s.

“Quite easily kill you”

Erm I’m not so sure about that mate. Unless you’re 75+ or 10 stone overweight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 106
Stadium
December 18, 2021, 2:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Heisenberg
Can’t we just (99%) agree that all anti-vaxxers, even fellow Mariners, are all selfish, scaredy-cat w#nkers? We just need to cut to the chase here.

Stop being so scared. The vaccine is good. Those who don’t have it are pathetic weaklings.

Maybe they've read some of those pesky press reports?  

https://news.sky.com/story/cov.....roner-finds-12479406

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58330796

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....AstraZeneca-jab.html

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/healthy-mum-2-35-killed-21548121

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 106
forza ivano
December 18, 2021, 2:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Stadium

72 deaths associated with the vaccine out of 60 million people vaccinated.all associated with rare disorder which doctors have now recognised and are able to treat far more successfully. So basically you're trying to claim the vaccine is unsafe because of,at worst,  a 1 in 850,000 chance you might die
Who's spreading fear and scare stories now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 106
Stadium
December 18, 2021, 3:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

72 deaths associated with the vaccine out of 60 million people vaccinated.all associated with rare disorder which doctors have now recognised and are able to treat far more successfully. So basically you're trying to claim the vaccine is unsafe because of,at worst,  a 1 in 850,000 chance you might die
Who's spreading fear and scare stories now?

Firstly, nowhere have I said the vaccine isn't safe or spreading "fear and scare stories"

The point is that a certain amount of people will look at those stories & make a judgement.
What is quite pathetic is calling people "all selfish, scaredy-cat w#nkers" when you know nothing about their reasons for not taking vaccination.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 106
Rodley Mariner
December 18, 2021, 3:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Did you miss pensioners dying scared and alone in their houses and care homes as hospitals had to prioritise admitting patients that they had a higher chance of keeping alive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 106
barrattstandman
December 18, 2021, 3:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 17
On a football point of view only 3 games postponed in the entire non league and Scottish programme. The Premier and EFL decimated due to covid . Does that mean that our top divisions are full of non vaxxed players ? Or aren't they taking just the sensible precautions such as masks etc. Thinking " I'm a professional footballer and fit so it won't get me  "
Also clubs now , especially Premier teams have such large squads that they could easily field a side .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 106
pen penfras
December 18, 2021, 4:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from barrattstandman
On a football point of view only 3 games postponed in the entire non league and Scottish programme. The Premier and EFL decimated due to covid . Does that mean that our top divisions are full of non vaxxed players ? Or aren't they taking just the sensible precautions such as masks etc. Thinking " I'm a professional footballer and fit so it won't get me  "
Also clubs now , especially Premier teams have such large squads that they could easily field a side .

I think Premier League clubs are testing far more than anybody else. There's probably a whole load of asymptomatic positives in footballers and they won't be getting caught lower down the pyramid where testing is sketchy at best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › covid Cases at town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.