Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "Time for a change between the sticks?".
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

"Time for a change between the sticks?".

This thread currently has 7,646 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
November 25, 2021, 8:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
New Owners , new season same old moaning about JM . Just support the team and stop publishing  crap about him on here . It's counter productive . He certainly isn't the problem at the moment .
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 81
Ipswin
November 25, 2021, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
What if Crocombe is simply a better goalkeeper?

We don't know of course as Hurst doesn't play him but surely being the 500 appearances goalkeeper who currently holds the jersey shouldn't be a passport to never stepping aside.

Crocombe could be be a far better keeper who should replace Macca permanently not just when Macca makes a few mistakes.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 81
ska face
November 25, 2021, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think I’ve noticed an absence of goals at the other end which is the real problem….

One clean sheet in 6 not a problem?

A few draws in that run and suddenly it’s not as bad as what we’re currently looking at. At fault, at least partly, for game changers against Solihull and Notts County, he’s turning draws into losses. We can’t afford it.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 81
Kris2
November 25, 2021, 10:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Ah so now Hurst has a new striker in people are moving on to something else to blame on the recent bad form. Now it's "The problem is Hurst not playing our other keeper!" instead of "Hurst won't sign another striker!"  .

We scored 2 goals in the last 6 games, in 4 of 6 games the margin lost was by 1 goal, but the problem is the goalkeeper....This forum is delusional tbh and obsessed with getting rid of people for the buzz of seeing somebody new.

What really needs to happen is players need to find the motivation and flow they had previously and remember how to score goals. It started with Yeovil, the players looked uninterested but we scraped by against a poor team that was easy pickings, same with Southend but everyone else beat us and nobody looked like they really cared. Maybe they hate playing in the cold? Maybe their mind is on other things like Christmas and not focused on winning games for GTFC? They better figure it out soon and start playing like we know they can, changing the keeper to make you lot happy because it's a new face won't be enough to change things if we can't score any flipping goals ourselves.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 81
ska face
November 25, 2021, 10:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
See, absolutely impossible to have any meaningful discussion about the keeper on here.

Can anyone really watch that second goal (5:50) and say there’s a League 2 keeper in there?

https://youtu.be/nRCiSzEXPE0
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
November 25, 2021, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,786
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Kris2
Ah so now Hurst has a new striker in people are moving on to something else to blame on the recent bad form. Now it's "The problem is Hurst not playing our other keeper!" instead of "Hurst won't sign another striker!"  .

We scored 2 goals in the last 6 games, in 4 of 6 games the margin lost was by 1 goal, but the problem is the goalkeeper....This forum is delusional tbh and obsessed with getting rid of people for the buzz of seeing somebody new.

What really needs to happen is players need to find the motivation and flow they had previously and remember how to score goals. It started with Yeovil, the players looked uninterested but we scraped by against a poor team that was easy pickings, same with Southend but everyone else beat us and nobody looked like they really cared. Maybe they hate playing in the cold? Maybe their mind is on other things like Christmas and not focused on winning games for GTFC? They better figure it out soon and start playing like we know they can, changing the keeper to make you lot happy because it's a new face won't be enough to change things if we can't score any flipping goals ourselves.

Its obviously a combination of factors but teams know our keeper wont come for crosses so try to whip as many in as they can and a change in goal would benefit us I think.

I am just hoping something weird hasn't gone on to disrupt the squad but we played well against Notts and not too shabbily against Southend so let's hope we snap out of it quickly and become more competitive.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 81
Hagrid
November 25, 2021, 10:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from ska face
See, absolutely impossible to have any meaningful discussion about the keeper on here.

Can anyone really watch that second goal (5:50) and say there’s a League 2 keeper in there?

https://youtu.be/nRCiSzEXPE0

cmon mate everyone makes mistakes, i do think Macca is good enough to be a League 2 keeper, hence why he has been.

that said, as i mentioned previously in this thread, i do feel Crocombe should be given a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 81
Chrisblor
November 25, 2021, 10:33am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from Hagrid

cmon mate everyone makes mistakes, i do think Macca is good enough to be a League 2 keeper, hence why he has been.

that said, as i mentioned previously in this thread, i do feel Crocombe should be given a chance

Did you watch their 2nd goal? That's absolutely atrocious from him.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 81
Hagrid
November 25, 2021, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Chrisblor

Did you watch their 2nd goal? That's absolutely atrocious from him.

yeah clearly i did. but im not gonna hang the man out to dry for it

Clifton was just as culpable.but theres not a word about him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 81
Chrisblor
November 25, 2021, 10:42am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,969
Gold Stars: 242
Quoted from Hagrid

yeah clearly i did. but im not gonna hang the man out to dry for it

Clifton was just as culpable.but theres not a word about him

Not remotely true, here's what I posted in the match thread immediately after watching it go in:

Quoted from Chrisblor
Absolutely urine weak goal to concede. Useless from Clifton and utterly abject from McKeown

And Clifton has been one of our better performers this season, so obviously there'll be less calls to drop him after a single poor performance. Everyone's consternation with McKeown stems from his repeated poor performances and ongoing inability to command his area.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "Time for a change between the sticks?".

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.