Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,052
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Civvy at last

Stand by for a lazy copy and paste job from our ‘local’ reporter,
Now that this is on here 😉

I think Grimsby Live are having trouble locating either the Ctrl, C or V key on their keyboards as an article hasn't surfaced yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 107
ginnywings
November 23, 2021, 3:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Knobhead!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 107
Poojah
November 23, 2021, 3:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,888
Gold Stars: 1,527
Richard Keogh (ex Derby Co, now Blackpool) was sacked for being a passenger of his inebriated teammate during a crash.

He later sued Derby for breach of contract and won...

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/01/richard-keogh-waking-up-paramedics-car-crash-derby-sacking-blackpool[/url]

Derby properly fúcked up on that one though. Keogh was 33, and having seriously injured his knee and potentially having ended his career, Derby simply didn’t want to continue to pay his wages, and as such sacked him for gross misconduct.

The other players involved, including the two drivers convicted of drunk driving, were much younger and therefore worth collectively millions to the club. None were sacked.

When you selectively apply concepts like gross misconduct like that, you’re always going to be on dodgy ground.

I share the opinion of some others that here’s a young lad who’s dropped a serious bollóck, been punished and will now suffer through a combination of a driving ban, fine and substantial community service. He wasn’t on club time when it happened, and so he should probably be given a punishment by the club which stops short of him losing his job.

I’m just not sure the club, given its newfound commitment to upholding the highest moral and social values, will necessarily see things the same way. I suspect it may come down to how transparent he’s been with them over it.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 107
IlkleyMariner
November 23, 2021, 3:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Didn’t realise GTFC had so many fans who have never driven after a few bevvies.  I’m a lot older than Ryan and have been known to had more than two pints and driven.

I’m not condoning what he did but it’s what he does on the pitch and his general demeniour  which should determine his future rather than I’ll informed rants on the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 107
Mayaman
November 23, 2021, 4:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think Grimsby Live are having trouble locating either the Ctrl, C or V key on their keyboards as an article hasn't surfaced yet.

They're looking for the, 'tragic' key.  It figures in almost every headline.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 107
MuddyWaters
November 23, 2021, 4:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It was at 4am so it wasn't a mistake. It's not like he slept and woke up feeling fine so naively got behind the wheel.

My views may be extreme to some but I stand by them. Absolutely no excuse.

Read the post again. Three times over is stupid but please don't pretend you've never broken the law - speeding, driving without a seatbelt, driving whilst holding a mobile etc. The lad has screwed up and I'm sure he doesn't need The Fishy to tell him.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 107
jamesgtfc
November 23, 2021, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,052
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Read the post again. Three times over is stupid but please don't pretend you've never broken the law - speeding, driving without a seatbelt, driving whilst holding a mobile etc. The lad has screwed up and I'm sure he doesn't need The Fishy to tell him.

The big difference is that he's supposed to be a role model and somebody that the community looks up to. There is also a huge difference between getting in the car at 4am and doing it the next day whilst still over the limit. It's on a similar level of stupidity to hosting a gender reveal party in the middle of a national lockdown.

I'm not professing to be a saint but there is a huge difference between getting in a car at 4am after a night on the ale and doing 34 in a 30 which is why one results in a few points on your licence and the other results in an automatic driving ban.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 107
Grantley
November 23, 2021, 4:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Where are you drawing the line then? Would it take him killing someone to make it worthy of this thread?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 107
chipsandgravy
November 23, 2021, 4:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Didn’t realise GTFC had so many fans who have never driven after a few bevvies.  I’m a lot older than Ryan and have been known to had more than two pints and driven.

I’m not condoning what he did but it’s what he does on the pitch and his general demeniour  which should determine his future rather than I’ll informed rants on the fishy.

Dear God.
"General Demeanour" what a crock of ****.

The world is full of drink drivers that have killed pedestrians including children. Three times over the limit and getting in a vehicle is neither a mistake or poor judgement its totally reckless footballer or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 107
HerveJosse
November 23, 2021, 4:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,209
Gold Stars: 145
Looking back he featured the three games subsequent to the incident then disappeared from the squad for the Aldershot and Southend games which may indicate when the club became aware and there attitude to the incident.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Sears

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.