6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
September 6, 2021, 6:17pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
Here we go, bound to get red crosses, but lets have a truthful interpretation of the Barnet game. Admittingly James made a great save, and maybe he didnt have much chance with the first 2 goals, but i do put a little bu=it of blame on the 3rd goal, and why he ran out to the linesman asking for handball is a complete mystery to me. James had an up and down game for me, and maybe bring Max in for the Torquay game, just to give James a 'shake up' of whats required. He may be a legend here, but legends dont always succeed. I can almost be sure that Hursty will change the keeper position this weekend, we all saw the weaknesses this weekend on crosses etc, and i fully agree that we need to change this at Torquay, and especially when Wrexham arrive next week with the long throw-ins. Only my opinion, but was from many in the box on saturday, truth hurts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
bax
September 6, 2021, 6:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Why, even when we are winning, do we need to find a fall guy?

Why can't we just encourage and support for a change?!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
HertsGTFC
September 6, 2021, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from dicko995
Here we go, bound to get red crosses, but lets have a truthful interpretation of the Barnet game. Admittingly James made a great save, and maybe he didnt have much chance with the first 2 goals, but i do put a little bu=it of blame on the 3rd goal, and why he ran out to the linesman asking for handball is a complete mystery to me. James had an up and down game for me, and maybe bring Max in for the Torquay game, just to give James a 'shake up' of whats required. He may be a legend here, but legends dont always succeed. I can almost be sure that Hursty will change the keeper position this weekend, we all saw the weaknesses this weekend on crosses etc, and i fully agree that we need to change this at Torquay, and especially when Wrexham arrive next week with the long throw-ins. Only my opinion, but was from many in the box on saturday, truth hurts.

Watch the highlights again, there is no issues with our keeper that you wouldn’t find in any national league keeper, in fact I’m pretty confident he’s one of the best at this level.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
Poojah
September 6, 2021, 6:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,892
Gold Stars: 1,527
As touched on on the other thread about this, Efete was equally if not more at fault for their third goal - are we binning him off as well?

I agree with you in so much that selection should be based on current form and not sentiment, but after two clean sheets in our opening three games, I’m not sure his performance against Barnet warrants being dropped.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
MuddyWaters
September 6, 2021, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from bax
Why, even when we are winning, do we need to find a fall guy?

Why can't we just encourage and support for a change?!  

It’s not about having a fall guy. It’s about wanting to see us get better. Macca is not good enough on crosses. If that costs us points that cost us promotion, will that be acceptable?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
newarkmariner
September 6, 2021, 6:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
another pathetic thread,pointless and not needed.give your fu%king head a wobble
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
Roast Em Bobby
September 6, 2021, 6:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,728
Gold Stars: 44
I would have said Sean Pearson was more at fault than anyone for two of the goals we conceded, but no one seems to be calling for him to be dropped. If Macca starts making loads of mistakes, then of course he should be dropped, like any other player should, but I don't see that he's done much wrong so far this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
bax
September 6, 2021, 7:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It’s not about having a fall guy. It’s about wanting to see us get better. Macca is not good enough on crosses. If that costs us points that cost us promotion, will that be acceptable?

If. If. If.

If Fenty has stayed...
If Podge had never left...
If Buckley never arrived...

Stop living on ifs ffs.

If someone plays badly for a sustained period, drop them if there's a better player. Not sure a) Macca has played badly or b) we have anyone better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
moosey_club
September 6, 2021, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,324
Gold Stars: 229
Efete and Waterfall were at fault for that 3rd more than anyone....both stood square on ball watching while Widdowson gambled and followed in for the flick on.

What Macca was going nuts about I dont know but it should have been aimed at Efete and Waterfall.

There was a similar reaction from him when he didnt come and get a cross in the first half, having a pop at everyone else when all he has to do is shout keepers and catch a ball inside the middle of the 6 yd box.

All said, we know that side of his game isnt the best but I was sat right behind that low shot to his right first half that came through a crowd...... how the fck reacted and kept that out i dont know as he saw it so late...amazing save with the view he got of the ball.

There arent many keepers in reality that completely dominate their area, we were spoilt when we had Beasant on loan and I think people still consider him as a yardstick.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
buckstown
September 6, 2021, 7:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Think it’s perfectly ok to point out that Barnet are bang average but scored 3 times against us. Hurst was clearly not happy at the defending but I’ve never liked singling one player out
I’m certain they’ll be watching videos of the Barnet goals and what needs sorting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keeper change

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.