5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
September 6, 2021, 5:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Ha Ha,    "unbiased commentary" Just gets a bit getting used to.
My initial input about Macca was that his reflex saves are great, but he doesn't command his box, and after watching vid highlights I'm sticking to it.
Barnet's first two goals were because the backs didn't shield the goal, not much the goalie can do from that distance, but the third is everyone's fault. Goalie and backs. The goal was so simple, it wasn't true.
Everyone is raving about McAtee (and to be fair, he's is usually at the finish), but it's Sousa that makes it happen. When was the last time the Mariners had a player who could beat the opposition backs and fire into the penalty area? Errrr it was errrrr................????
The Mariners do, as a team, look good in most areas. I haven't been this positive for a lot of seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
arryarryarry
September 6, 2021, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from RichMariner
I love the commentary. It's biased commentary, of course, insomuch that they want Grimsby to win, but John always calls things as he sees it, and if the opposition score a great goal or deserve to win, he'll say so.

For me, it strikes the right balance. Sees it how we see it, occasionally lets out the odd comical frustration ("no marking!') but adds something to the occasion.

And I disagree that he talked over the roar. When Hunt scored the winner there was a good 7-8 seconds of silence behind the mic when you could hear the whole ground celebrating.

The club always used to put out 10+ mins of match highlights each game when we were last in non-league. I really disliked the EFL edits for iFollow, with commentary added on afterwards.

"Crikey" another John Moore fan 😁
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
Ipswin
September 6, 2021, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Good that they work together well because this partnership looks likely to continue if the Shop is out injured for some time.

I wouldn't play LJL in preference to them anyway, they looked brilliant on saturday

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
KingstonMariner
September 6, 2021, 7:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TonySmith
Does anyone know if there is some contractual reason why the YouTube channel can't put the full match online as well as the highlights?  Some of us who can't get to games ( because, for example, like me we live in different countries ) might enjoy watching the whole thing. It's difficult to get a real feel for the team and its individual players and their strengths and weaknesses from a few minutes of edited highlights, welcome as those are. After getting used to watching games live for the last few years, I'm still getting used to just commentary and brief highlights two days later.

I doubt there will be anything in the forseeable future, but they talked about this on the DN35 podcast with AP and JS. They mentioned the ability to limit streaming to those areas where people are not likely to go to the match. AP also said he was offering to help the NL review their broadcast contract to see if there was anything that could be done.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
Kris2
September 6, 2021, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
That third goal looks even worse on the highlights than it did on the day, he just casually walked through out defence and stood on the goal line to knock it in. Commentary right "what were we doing!?", nothing. That's the problem.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
Azimuth
September 6, 2021, 9:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +710
Gold Stars: 61
The Matchday Moments highlights are You Tube are pure class, really good work and slick presentation from the club.
And that free kick and the player reactions celebrations deseves its own highlight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Poojah
September 6, 2021, 10:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,883
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from Azimuth
The Matchday Moments highlights are You Tube are pure class, really good work and slick presentation from the club.
And that free kick and the player reactions celebrations deseves its own highlight.

Yep, absolutely brilliant that as always. Having seen things from a closer angle I'm still of the opinion that Taylor's headed equaliser was absolutely class and that red card was harsh - the ball appears to strike their defender somewhere around his armpit as he attempts to prevent himself from getting a broken face.

Ah well, never mind eh...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
Yossarian
September 6, 2021, 11:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,097
Gold Stars: 19
Poojah - agree with you that their red card did look a bit harsh - he was about 1 yard away.   Class cross and class finish for the header as well.

Excellent highlights - just watched them.  The infuriating thing about this though - all the things the new guys are doing right (well informed youtube clips, good highlights, treating fans with respect, sensible ticket offers) isn't rocket science.

We should have had this years ago!

Anyway - not enjoyed Town this much in years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
KingstonMariner
September 6, 2021, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
From that angle it looks less harsh to me than from the original highlights. The guy throws his arms up in an ‘unnatural’ way on both sides but not in front of his face.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
EvilFish
September 6, 2021, 11:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
I thought it was very harsh at the time, but looking at the highlights he doesn't just go to block his face, he waves both arms in an arc in front of him.

Both handballs look deliberate to me, but done in a manner to try to look like they aren't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barnet Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.